• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aerocool Black Aero One Mini Eclipse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxNAPxx

Hello everyone, I would like to know from someone who owns this case if you can give me an opinion about it, also I would like to ask if it is possible to mount a front 280 mm radiator to it, because the specs on the official website say it doesn't but it supports 2x140 fan (???). I ask this because I run at the moment a custom waterloop with 3 rads (240mm on the front, 120mm on the rear, 280mm on the top) in a mini Itx Manta of the NZXT, but I am not satisfied with the termal performance of my gpu since it reaches even 60 degrees at full load and this even without the front and top panels which I removed to better airflow. Will I get better thermals in your opinion with this? Or you suggest to get the mid tower version?

280mm is 2x140.

What radiator are you talking about, specifically? What GPU do you have? 60C @ full load for a GPU is good......

Thanks for your reply
Yeah I know it sounded weird actually to me either that the manual says it supports 240mm radiators but 3x120mm/2x140mm fans

I have 3 slim radiators on my current Rig cooling a 9900k at 5ghz and a rtx2080 ([email protected])

Temps seem fine to me on the GPU. :)

I really don't think another radiator will help... or won't be worth the difference. You're already below the temp where boost bins drop so you're getting the most out of the card.

Well I read that people usually gets 40/45 degrees on water-cooled cards whikst mine is at 60. I wasn't thinking to buy another radiator but a new case with a bit more airflow and space to breath. The reason of the question is that the 280mm radiator I have on the top in the current rig will be moved to the front panel of the new case since it supports only 240mm on the top

I haven't seen temps that low using a 'normal' ambient temp (~22C). 55-60C is about about as low as I see...

I haven't seen temps that low using a 'normal' ambient temp (~22C). 55-60C is about about as low as I see...
Well this is pretty new to me, I've always been told that underwater 60 degrees on the gpu were high

Anybody knows then if it supports a 280mm/360mm? I don't understand why it doesn't by specs

If you try to put a 360mm radiator in the front it's going to interfere with the PSU shroud that's built into the case and the drive cages behind the shroud in that area. That's likely the case also with a 280mm rad. You can see why in this pic from their website.

Aero-One-Mini-Eclipse-Infographic700x700px-08.jpg

As far I can see by "looking" at it, that clearance seems bigger than 25mm which is the thickness of a regular fan, so then should fit a slim radiator, regarding the cage I'm nit gonna use it and plan to remove it

I mean at this point, measure it. :)

Clearly it can hold 140mm fans. So you need to find out the space you have available on the other side of that baffle and see if there is a radiator that fits in those dimensions (or consider modifying the chassis to fit).

That said, I really doubt you're going to see improvements with adding another radiator. You have plenty of rad space/capacity as is and lower the temperatures from where you at yields nothing.

Well the point here is not reducing the temps any longer but having a case with better airflow/more room and keeping tge same performance without having it dismantled like the one I have now

I would think adding a radiator impedes airflow and will add slightly warmed air into the case versus just fans. That seems counterintuitive to your goal(?).

Well to be honest on my current case, moving from 120mm x 240mm rads to 120mm x 240mm x 280mm hasn't been counterintuitive, actually didn't make a difference, even though taking out the panel on the top made the top radiator "external" and so improving the temperatures

Sorry...all I am saying is that adding a radiator where there was none will decrease airflow inside that chassis. If you want to clean it up and bring everything internally, it is what it is. :)

For that would be enough to actually mount the panels back but in that case temperatures will increase up to 10 degrees. This case I want to buy instead looks like it has a very open grid which will allow a good airflow looking like they are mounted externally

Well in the end I decided to go for it and see that myself, finger crossed I will manage to fit it inside. I will keep you posted so people in future may find an answer to it

How did you go fitting the 280mm radiator in @xxNAPxx ?
If the Aero One Mini can fit a 280mm AIO in the front I'll go with it instead of the full size Aero One.
Would it still fit the 280 AIO in the front (CPU) with a 240 AIO in the top (hybrid GPU).

How did you go fitting the 280mm radiator in @xxNAPxx ?
If the Aero One Mini can fit a 280mm AIO in the front I'll go with it instead of the full size Aero One.
Would it still fit the 280 AIO in the front (CPU) with a 240 AIO in the top (hybrid GPU).
Hi there, yes I did manage to mount a slim 280mm radiator in the front with the tube holes on the top, but I do not recommend that with an AIO

You can see how is like here

Back