• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOOP WOOP: BLEEPING AIO Died...Thermal Paste Recommendation? WOOP WOOP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
My BLEEPING Corsair H110i GTX pump died on me last night...at least I think that's what happened...the CPU temp spikes to 100C in the BIOS screen with no load.

I imagine that the RMA process will take a while, so I'm going to install my old AIO.

Thermal paste recommendation please? (The H110i GTX came with the paste applied).

I have some Thermalcote I here at work that we use for our high power heat sinks...will this be OK for a CPU

I appreciate the feedback...need an answer quickly so I can hit the time Window for Amazon same day delivery (got to love having an Amazon warehouse 45 miles from your home!)

http://overclocking.guide/thermal-p...d-with-air-cooling-and-liquid-nitrogen-ln2/6/

Cut and paste answer... Any of the common ones are fine. Most, that are not toothpaste or cost an arm and a leg (read: liquid metal pastes), are within 1-2C of each other. One should focus more on proper application and mount than the thermal paste.

I still use MX-2. I bought a turkey baster size quite a while ago while on sale.

I use either NT-H1 or Ceramique, depending on the application. Typically NT-H1 unless it's something I just don't care about those last few °C on.

I just bought some MX-4...same day delivery Amazon.

Now to process the RMA...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys for the quick response!

Just get yourself an H220-x like you were recommended, then sell the Corsair when it comes back. You'll get a better unit :thup:

Just get yourself an H220-x like you were recommended, then sell the Corsair when it comes back. You'll get a better unit :thup:

HAHAHA - I knew you where going to say that! Looking around online now...

What about the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm AIO? Current get on Amazon for $130.09...with Same Day Delivery!!!!

I hate to see posts like this. My 24/7 rig is sporting an air cooler for this exact reason :(

I don't worry to much about brands of paste either. Ceramique is good, MX-4 is good, MX-2, etc. As ED said worry about the amount used and how you tighten your cooler down moreso than the paste itself

What about the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm AIO? Current get on Amazon for $130.09...with Same Day Delivery!!!!

You will have to take a look around online at reviews. I almost picked one of those up from a guy on [H] that was selling a bunch of review samples (is my guess) but didn't have the cash/need to drop for it. Apparently it is pretty decent, but I think the stock fans are a little loud maybe. Would need to double check it's been a while.

I agree with ATM though that I would recommend the swiftech 220x/240x [if you have the fan slots to fit the larger radiator].

Last edited:

It's... decent? Basically the same as your Corsair unit that just crapped out.
You'd be much better off with the "real" block and pump of the Swiftech unit.

I've seen mixed reviews for just about every AIO.

Too close to Christmas for something new...

I'll use my old Asetek unit until the new one comes back on RMA (relatively painless process...other than that I had to call in the first place!)

If the RMA unit goes FUBAR, I'll get the EK Predator! :thup:

Thanks again.

Back