• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these two RAM kits should I use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ricaroal

I have these two kits in my possession but I don't know which one to keep and which one to sell to recover some money. Both kits are 3600mhz 32gb (2x16gb), one from Corsair and the other from Teamgroup.

:welcome: to the Forums.

I would keep the one that's listed on your motherboard's QVL, but we don't know what motherboard you are using (if one at all). Need more detailed information from you.

Please host the image here so it doesn't disappear...

There's literally no difference that matters to you between these kits. Same speed, latency, capacity...so long as they both work on your rig, it won't matter.

I have these two kits in my possession but I don't know which one to keep and which one to sell to recover some money. Both kits are 3600mhz 32gb (2x16gb), one from Corsair and the other from Teamgroup.

The Team Group with 1Rx8 will put less stress on your memory controller, it also has the tighter timings which should reduce latency and improve bandwidth.

Last edited:
XMP timings (major timings) are the same, no?
Yes few small differences but even if the OC fails and falls back it still has tighter JEDEC timings so the penalty wont be as much. Again the primary reason I would pick it is the 1Rx8 that hits the MC less than 2R and lets you add a second set in the future without really hurting the MC.

Last edited:
I'm going to drink more Coke and see if the caffeine helps. I see remarkably similar timings down the SPD table for speeds that match (I do get your primary reason, however).

Gotcha. Saw that (rank/banks I saw too and not a point of question), but passed it by thinking that difference is negligible considering one is 2400 and the other 2666. But I'm in the weeds now and not trying to take away from your point. :)

I still think it's a toss up as XMP will more than likely work. 3600 isn't fast DDR4, buuuuuuuut it depends on the platform too.

Gotcha. Saw that, but passed it by thinking that difference is negligible considering one is 2400 and the other 2666. But I'm in the weeds now and not trying to take away from your point. :)
All good, the differences are so small it hardly matters when it comes to running the two kits at XMP speeds so your right, but there is almost no difference between the two at 2400 and 2666 if you calculate the latency (13.33NS vs 13.5NS).

I'd go Corsair without hesitation. 2R modules can perform better than 1R modules at the same speed/timings, on the limitation you don't want to add more modules later, and you're not looking to manually overclock them hard.

Back