• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mobo for a 1ghz t&#39bird??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YahDude

Registered
im ordering my t'bird in a few days(as in tomorrow) and need to know to look for in a mainboard, not looking to overclock it yet...just need something stabe.

also i have 256 megs of pc100 ram, is it going to work with the t'bird? if im not mistaken i thought that they ran at a200mhz fsb.

thanks

they run at a 100MHz fsb (DDRed to 200MHz) your ram will work fine. Buy either an ASUS A7V or an Abit KT7. Both are good boards (as in the best). :)

I prefer the Abit KT7 since the Voltage and Multiplier are adjustable within the BIOS, also the Abit KT7's fan headers for the CPU fan, etc... can hanldle 6.0 watt fans, most Motherboards will flake with fans that draw above 2.0 watts. This is a plus if you intend to overclock or put a bunch of fans on the board.

allright thanks guys...looks like im going for the KT7, but what are the advantages of the raid board??

Back