• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volt mod success !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

I decided a couple of weeks back to go ahead and try the volt mod on my FIC AU11 / EPOX 8RDA board since I was tired of looking at others running 200 Mhz FSB and my board was stuck at a lousy 185Mhz. So i went and ordered a nice soldering iron with a couple of needle point tips and went for it...success!!:cool:

Attached is a pic of the resistor mod completed. I went with a fixed value instead of a pot. Im stable at 200 Mhz and will try for a bit more after some testing. VDD went from a lousy 1.58 to 1.84 and 200Mhz seems to run stable.:beer: :beer:

http://comptek.freeservers.com/index.html

Last edited:
congrats...
i remember when i did mine... oh boy, i have never seen a soldering iron in my life before that, so i wasted an isa sound card ($5 :cry: ) learning how to solder... when i finished, i declared that to be my stupidest thing i've ever done...

my dad knows how to solder and he wouldn't do it for me... "cuz most likely i won't succeed and i don't wanna buy you a new motherboard"... i asked about my chances of success... 3%...

but it works till this day, and its been over a year and a half

hope yours lasts this long also,
Filip

Sorta reviving a old thread but here goes...

DP do you have that running in Single or Dual Channel at 200mhz? and what R value did you use?

Thanks

680 Ohm fixed resistor and it is running in Dual Channel with 2 256M chips in 1 channel and a 512M in the other. No stability issues whatsoever at this point. I have been flying along at 200 FSB for a couple weeks now and everything works great.

This is gonna sound wierd but I swear my Northbridge chipset is running cooler since I volt modded it. My mofsets dont seem as hot either...before just touching them with my finger tip was painfully hot...now there just warm.

Back