• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

udma100+raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fastwolf

I have been searching for a Abit KT7 with udma/100 support, all i have found is the KT7 RAID. My question is can i just use udma/100 or do i have to use both or what? Yes i am still learning so give me a break if this Q sounds stupid... :) thanks.......

The HPT 370 controller on the KT7-R board supports:

ATA-100 specs

UBMA 100MB/sec

Raid /0/1/0+1/

Two independent ATA channels (100)

Up to 4 IDE devices supported.

The Abit has also the regular IDE1/2 channels.
I guess this is what you are looking for :)
Good Luck

yes, it supports both

on the kt7-raid, you can set it up so that you have ata100 on your hard drives, w/o raid, if the hard drive supports it, or you can like i did, and put a couple ata100 hard drives in a raid-0 (striping) array. by using both of them, i can get some really fast transfers ;-)

Thanx for the help guys.....

Although i do plan on using RAID at some point i want to learn more about it before i go ahead with it. This will give me the chance to run the ata100 and the option of RAID later. Also i am thinking about using the IBM Deskstar 75gxp@ 30gigs ata/100 7200 rpm. Any recommendations will be appreciated....thanx again..... :)

Thanx for the help guys.....

fastwolf (Dec 18, 2000 03:01 a.m.):
Although i do plan on using RAID at some point i want to learn more about it before i go ahead with it. This will give me the chance to run the ata100 and the option of RAID later. Also i am thinking about using the IBM Deskstar 75gxp@ 30gigs ata/100 7200 rpm. Any recommendations will be appreciated....thanx again..... :)
Many will critisise me but buy a Maxtor and save some cash. Whatever you do, don't buy a Seagate. I've had two Seagates and had boot sector problems on both of them. Like I said IBM drives cost more than their worth. WD are OK as far a data integraty, but I find them a wee bit slow. I really like Maxtor, I have four of them on my various boxes and they all run without a hitch. I'd ask Skip what he preferes, he has quite a few HDAs. Of course this is all my oppinion, and you may not care to listen to it. Hope I helped......

Believe me Jeff i listen to all opinions and as for you i wouldn't worry about getting critiqued by people on your prefrences. :) As far as the Maxor is concerned i will take that into consideration as ive already been down the seagate road and wont be turning around...hehe
thanx for your response....:)

Back