• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The most extreme mini-ITX gaming rig you've ever seen - MAX11Lv3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think a lot of the water cooling aficionados would have said the H80/H100 style coolers would never do the job they do before someone actually made the product and proved the preconceptions wrong.

True enough, but here we're adding a GPU to that same loop.

I admit though, I tend to recommend over-raddage rather than the minimum. The benefits of an extra $20 are well worth it, and you always want someone new to watercooling to be impressed by the results, beyond just noise levels.

Miah, if you don't mind my asking, at the end of the day (including your charge work and everything else), what was the cost on this? (feel free to not say...I know money's touchy for some people :shrug:)

Good luck fitting a mATX build into a box anywhere close to this size :fight:

What I meant was for my first two years of college I went with an mATX desktop as my primary computer. Ended up going with an ATX case last year and an ATX motherboard this year simply because I got frustrated trying to work with a case that small.

Looks good mia =] still looking at changing the feet??? the look a tad bulky?

The customer is planning to replace the feet with something a bit more athetically pleasing once he finds something he likes.
:thup:

Miah, if you don't mind my asking, at the end of the day (including your charge work and everything else), what was the cost on this? (feel free to not say...I know money's touchy for some people :shrug:)
I did all the labor for free (this is my hobby after all), he spent about $2600 on parts/tools :)

What I meant was for my first two years of college I went with an mATX desktop as my primary computer. Ended up going with an ATX case last year and an ATX motherboard this year simply because I got frustrated trying to work with a case that small.
No worries, but sometimes it's difficult to see just how small this thing really is unless you see it in person. It's about the size of a shoe box for a pair of womens ankle boots.

As water cooling has matured in our hobby, I've watched it become more religion than science at times. The suggested solutions often reach for ideal rather than necessary... shifting gears to what works well enough isn't easy for a lot of people, so I'm guessing thats where those comments come from.

I think a lot of the water cooling aficionados would have said the H80/H100 style coolers would never do the job they do before someone actually made the product and proved the preconceptions wrong.

Nice build, looks fly. :thup:

Ah yes, as a man that used a quad rad for a i7 920 i can tell you that cools better than any air rad :)

Not much better. But better.

Well ambient wise, I threw mine into the window in February. So much better. :welcome:

Back