• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The DIY discussion thread: post your projects!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've run the tweeter in negative polarity as a L-R filter would dictate, but I suppose I could try reversing it anyway. I use a Zobel on the woofer and a series notch on the tweeter as well.

Hmm I was just thinking, and.. well think that I need to replace the Tweeter on one of my Kef c30's :s that would be expensive. The coating on the silk cover has scratched a bit off.
There is my first cut (practise and then my second which my Plate amp fits in perfectly. Tomorrow I will be Glueing it all together, all the wholes are cut. Just need to screw and Glue :D

Attachments

• Insert with Practice.jpg
    Insert with Practice.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 424
  • My Arsenal.jpg
    My Arsenal.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
denz,
The tweeters may not be as much as you think to get replaced. Mine are $120 per unit because some of the parts are not made anymore (such as the aluminum face plate) and there are only a few tweeters left at the factory. Just go online and find the phone number for KEF's service department. They should be able to tell you how mich it will cost to get a new set of tweeters (or just one if thats all you need).

I think i'm really leaning towards buying the new tweeters for the Pro22's. Everything i've read about them says they are really incredible speakers. But then again I never thought I would spend $240 for a pair of tweeters!

Voodoo rufus,
I would try to run the tweeters out of phase and see if it helps. Depending on the crossover order the tweeters will be out of phase with the woofers unless you have already corrected for it. Can you maybe describe the sound and whats wrong with it?

Ryan

Yes, and I will finnish mine tomorrow
yippie. Couldnt find any baffeling so I will try it without it untill I get some
"edit"
Well im done (well almost)
All I need to do is get the Baffeling. Then Decide how to cover. And Screw in the rest of the Screws around the Amp and Driver (just on to see how it works)
I am so so so Much more than impressed with this thing :D

Attachments

• Sub1.jpg
    Sub1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Sub2.jpg
    Sub2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
:s its a lil boomy
I am Hopeing this is cause of the Lack off baffeling! and the fact its not screwed in properly (Air is rushing in and out of the screw holes!!)

Get some weather stripping and put it under the ring of the sub mount. Also, did you put that sub in right after lining the box with silicone to seal the box? If so you might end up destroying your sub from the toxic fumes.

I managed to lose ALL my jigsaw blades, so I am postponing the box till saturday. That and I managed to buy 20 AA's instead of AAA's for my camera.

lol No silicon Sealent :p I Might do that When I line it? And yea, I will get some weather Strip stuff
Then wait a Day
SHould be ready on Monday, so I will run a bass test all day, Run it in a bit XD

Yeah, the silicon sealant will cut ALOT of of the wistle from your box, just line the edges inside the box with it. And just get that weather stripping for around the sub, and maybe the amp. I know my Bash 300w amp doesnt have much in terms of batting for stoping the air. But at the same time, I have a 4" port, so if it leaks a bit, I doubt it will make much of a difference. We shall see when I get it all done.

Mine has a Foam Surround. May aswell use it on that aswell eh
The Box Feels like it Flex's with the Pumping (Quite sure its just my imagination, well Screwed and supported and No More Nailed)

What size of MDF did you use? If it flexes alot, I reccommend cracking open the box and adding more bracing. You dont want to cuase the box to rattle accross the floor and make the sub sound like uncle john after thanksgiving :D

well i got a mtx 311D amp for my 2 8"s and it's amazing
it's like PSU's, the moment i picked this up i knew it was quality, that thing is solid as a rock, and heavier than one

yup

i hooked it up, and the first thing my dad said was "well now you're going to get in trouble with that thing"
:-D much louder and clearer

is there any way i can measure the watts put out by my car amp, i am so impressed with this thing, and i want to see if i can measure this before i recommend it to my friends

only way i know of is to measure the current the amp is using(VxA=W). rockford does or use to give out birth papers on the amps. i thought i read that mtx did the same.

Could someone show me, tell me, or point me towards how to build a center channel speaker that will be voicematched with the speakers I am building? These are what I am gonna build, minus the horrendous color.

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/noah8/index.html

But I have always heard that you need to have a center speaker that voice matches your front left and right, how do I figure out how to do that?

Back