• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tales from the Crypt WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm trying to dig up some taco bell pics. No matter how clean or dirty the store, the pc's are always covered with a thick layer of mung.

:eek: wow i just read this entire thread , i have 2 cats my self, and my case has never got that bad. i run my case at slightly negative pressure,

i dont look in side the case when to clean it, i constantly monitor my temperatures, and when the fans start sounding different , and/or the temps are abit higher then usual i just clean out the hsf and everything is good:D

it used to get pretty dusty when i had carpet, but now i have laminate the pc stays pretty clean.

I just opened up my case for dusting. It hadn't been opened or cleaned for about 6 months and there's very little dust inside. Most of the dust buildup were on the radiator on top of the case. All those filter that comes with NZXT Tempest helped a lot though I had to add another filter on the back, next to PCI slot.

I have four cats and two dogs and I never see any problems with hair, just dust since the computer sits on a box above carpet. But my case has NEVER been that bad. It might have to do with the fact that my computer is only 5 months old and has been cleaned regularly every month and a half.

How would any of you like to open up this lady's PC?

dirty03.jpg

dirty13.jpg

dirty14.jpg

dirty15.jpg

From here: http://www.houston-imports.com/dirty/dirty.html

Bah, only just discovered this thread. I've seen those pics before, as well as the others in the set, but still....I think I got cancer just looking at them.

This was one of my client's pos Dell:

The smell of cigarettes & cat urine was awful. I literally barfed!

Last edited:

I was hungry and just starting to eat until seeing those last few posts.

They need to put some big disclaimers or signs saying "Open this case once every few months and clean with compressed air. It takes very little effort.", maybe even put in a reminder that pops up on-screen every few months or so bundled in all the bloatware the pre-built machines are sold with.

And put tips in games for load screens. "Cleaning a PC once every few months requires much less effort than your daily hygiene". Or something.

But I think that pic above with all the cigarettes and cups/cans must be staged. Can not believe. If it is real, then... I'm hiring for a new organization, PETC. People for Ethical Treatment of Computers.

This one doesn't seem as dusty as the worst of them, but see what happens once they start up the compressed air.

A customer who is a smoker and cat fancier brought his machine into the shop yesterday, complaining of spontaneous reboots. The reason is shown below and it ain't pretty. Thought everyone would get a kick out of this.

i get those all the time at my shop...

Got to be careful with the compressors......

I just replaced the CPU for a friends daughters PC, her hubby used a compressor, I dont know what happened, maybe a static shock, but it ruined the CPU, which worked fine before that...

Got to be careful with the compressors......

I just replaced the CPU for a friends daughters PC, her hubby used a compressor, I dont know what happened, maybe a static shock, but it ruined the CPU, which worked fine before that...

Static, oil, water, etc. Yes, be careful with compressors!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Like the Dawn of the Dead, this thread will not die! It keeps coming back to haunt us with its visions of horror and depravity! The latest vision of grotesque evil is brought to you by a commercial client who shall remain nameless even unto the grave:

crypt1.jpg

crypt2.jpg

And after a dark and rainy night replete with thunder, lightning, and shrieks of terror from the inhabitants of the laboratory, a new and beautiful creature arose from the previous sullied morass:

crypt3.jpg

Those of you who've been around for a while will recognize the vintage MSI K7N2 socket A motherboard. Even grinding away for 12 hours a day under a thick layer of dust, these machines are still running reliably. And while I've replaced innumerable case fans, power supplies and optical drives on these boxes, the Coolermaster Aero HSF units still run quiet and reliably after 5+ years, even when completely choked in thick dust.

Actually, that's the typical dust I encounter when cleaning PCs. :rolleyes:

That's the typical places for dust. :rolleyes:

This was my brother's PC after a few months. It is not terribly bad...

d3a97d43.jpg

aa9c1392.jpg

e35987f1.jpg

Photo quality kinda sucks since I took it with my iPhone.

Back