• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

skate. Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i played the Demo. and im seriously going to go insane from not having my Xbox360 on launch day of this amazing game

at first i wasnt a fan of the way the jumping and the tricks were
but after i got used to it, its a very fun challenge. it feels much better now that im used to it. its a new challenge and i much prefer the new grinding, everything feels more natural and fluid then just pressing a button and a direction
i wasnt planning on getting it, but now i cant wait!!

yeah im pumped for this game

Hahahaha! We can tell! :)

I liked the demo, but I'll check out the reviews before I buy it. There's a new Tony Hawk coming out too called "Proving Ground" (Tony sure has a hell of a lot to prove before I buy another one of his games...)

I was all gung-ho about Stranglehold... but I can't even LOOK at it after playing bioshock. Bioshock changed evvvvvvvvvverything. I'm glad you're young enough to be excited about Halo 3... but the next impact player, that I'm aware of, is Crysis.

Going just by the trailer at the end of the skate. demo though... it seems AMAZING...

If they really have traffic and stuff like they showed then I might be all over it!

Yeah Tony Hawk is old news, he is on his what, 9th game? its just ridiculous how they still let this guy make games. This new game he is making looks no better then the last one, skate. will be the end of the Tony Hawk games. Although a little choice is always nice

Yeah Tony Hawk is old news, he is on his what, 9th game? its just ridiculous how they still let this guy make games. This new game he is making looks no better then the last one, skate. will be the end of the Tony Hawk games. Although a little choice is always nice

Are you for real! the TH games are superb, yes the gameplay is a little dated but the continued tweaks to the controls have made it undeniably fun and refined fun at that.

They still make them because back in 1998 after TH1 they paid a HUGE amount for the next 14 installments or something like that. Plus I think they still sell reasonably well.

The only thing that bothers me about the demo is the camera...it's almost impossible to judge height and distance when the camera is 3 inches off the ground. Other than that, it's awesome. I really like the grind system, just jump onto a rail and balance naturally. Manuals are way too easy now, though.

Are you for real! the TH games are superb, yes the gameplay is a little dated but the continued tweaks to the controls have made it undeniably fun and refined fun at that.

Dont get me wrong, ive bought probably 7 of the past 8 games and enjoyed them. But it was missing that FEEL you get when your actually skateboarding and you land a trick. With Tony Hawk its ok i want to do a kickflip over this ledge.. A + Release + X + Right and you ollie 6 feet in the air and do a kickflip. With skate. you have to use atleast more skill then the TH controls and it looks so much more realistic in skate. Im not saying the TH series sucks, im just saying that skate. feels more like skateboarding, and thats what people want. :soda:

The only thing that bothers me about the demo is the camera...it's almost impossible to judge height and distance when the camera is 3 inches off the ground. Other than that, it's awesome. I really like the grind system, just jump onto a rail and balance naturally. Manuals are way too easy now, though.

The camera was suppose to look like a filmer was getting a low shot of the skateboarder like they do in skateboarding videos, but i do agree the camera has major problems at times. as for the manuals Yeah aslong as you have enough speed you could manual forever.

For anyone that has REAL skateboard experience (skating since I was 7 myself, 21 years and going), the TH franchise hasn't been good since THPS2. I could give a rats behind about making combos. All I ever wanted to do was cruise around a city/skatepark/skatespot, and do real tricks that I am gonna be trying later that day IRL..

If skate can give me a more real skateboarding experience, I may just have to get a 360 after all. We got long winters up here, eh.

For anyone that has REAL skateboard experience (skating since I was 7 myself, 21 years and going), the TH franchise hasn't been good since THPS2. I could give a rats behind about making combos. All I ever wanted to do was cruise around a city/skatepark/skatespot, and do real tricks that I am gonna be trying later that day IRL..

If skate can give me a more real skateboarding experience, I may just have to get a 360 after all. We got long winters up here, eh.

absolutely.

The series ended at 3 for me, although Project 8 was at least a step forward.

The series ended at 3 for me, although Project 8 was at least a step forward.

True, 3 had some good areas. Too bad you had to do like 500 inane combos etc to unlock all of the areas. :mad:

Never played P8 actually...I gave up long before then.

Theres always one, it was crap then and worse now :O) besides 720 was better :)

720 was far better I agree.

As for the demo I thought the engine looked great, but the camera angle really wears thin fast unless you can adjust it. The trick combination of buttons you have to do to pull off adds a lot to the difficulty, it almost feels exactly how a skateboarding game should be.

Seems like a pretty good Skateboarding game based upon the demo. The controls work well and the movements all seem pretty fluid. That being said though I have no plans on buying it.

Back