• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get the Dl-804? OR another router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amedeo602

D-Link's 804 router/switch/firewall is at amazon.com for $80 and there's a $30 rebate (until the 10th of August). This makes $50 for a router w/a switch and that seems like a good deal to me.

Does anyone have this router and if so, are you happy with it? If not, which routers do you guys recommend? I'd like to get one in the next few days, preferably with a firewall and a 4 or 8 port switch. TIA

I have the single port d-link router (701 I think) and it's been great for me. Dlink make good stuff, you will be happy with it. I don't know if that model has a web interface or there's a custom app for it. And there's always telnet....:)

I just hooked up my DI-804 yesterday. Looks good so far but I now have problems playing back 300 kbps video streams. Very choppy now. I need to do more testing without the router to verify that 300 streams used to work just fine before.

Back