• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra Pr Rating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefoo21

i took my clock speed used it to divide sandra's pr score. for every 1mhz my cpu is running at it seems a p100 has to do 1.2mhz to do the same amount of work. has anyone else done this and found it a lil disapointing?

Ps i know its just sandra but eh still its a nice thing to know.

PR is kinda meaningless anyway - at least the PRs we have now. There is no uniform and widely accepted way of measuring processor speed that all manufacturers, engineers, and designers can agree on.

I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Brunt said:
Yeah...I am running 2.4ghz, Sandra says my PR rating is 3500-+..I dont even know what the 3500+ run at..

That means your CPU is equal to a pentium 100 being overclocked to 3500mhz. The sandra PR number is not based on AMDs PR number, even a P4 has a higher PR number then it's clockspeed in Sandra.

EDIT: For reference a p100 would have to do 1.45mhz to equal one of mine (1740mhz and a PR of 2524). Thats almost a 50% increase, Im sure a barton would be better then a 50% increase...not too bad but I guess its more raw MHz then clock cycle effeciency that makes out CPUs today so much more powerfull.

DaddyB said:

That means your CPU is equal to a pentium 100 being overclocked to 3500mhz. The sandra PR number is not based on AMDs PR number, even a P4 has a higher PR number then it's clockspeed in Sandra.

EDIT: For reference a p100 would have to do 1.45mhz to equal one of mine (1740mhz and a PR of 2524). Thats almost a 50% increase, Im sure a barton would be better then a 50% increase...not too bad but I guess its more raw MHz then clock cycle effeciency that makes out CPUs today so much more powerfull.

wow thanks for the information. i seriously had no idea what that number meant, now i do. If you want to know your athlon xp's PR rating, download GCPUID. similar to WCPUID, it shows processor info as well as your PR rating.

Back