• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rtx 40x0 talk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to bring this full circle... What's the fan noise like on these?
According to reviews....middle of the pack for the gaming OC

People talk a lot of smack about 40 series.. funny thing is, my 4070Ti was hundreds less than my 3070Ti, and at the time, hundreds less than the closest AMD competitor.

I have only had this card a few months, but I might be willing to jump to a 20GB 4080 if they make one..

Sure the prices suck, but here in Canada, the prices suck on absolutely everything. You name it, it sucks. Canada is not the best place to be right now.
Similar here. My 4070 cost less than my 3070. Pricing woes are a worldwide thing. Almost everything has gone up a fair bit in the last year or so, some more than others.

Similar here. My 4070 cost less than my 3070. Pricing woes are a worldwide thing. Almost everything has gone up a fair bit in the last year or so, some more than others.
Paid €1200 (20%VAT included, you have to love Europe!) for a G16 with a 12700H and a 4060, and I think it is a really fair price

Paid €1200 (20%VAT included, you have to love Europe!) for a G16 with a 12700H and a 4060, and I think it is a really fair price
I have 23% VAT ... and some countries have even more (but less in other taxes), so it always could be worse ;)

Saw that earlier. The solution he proposes is to use TWO of those connectors on 4090 to give the extra headroom and mitigate against minor problems escalating to big problems.

Question: are the problems only with 4090? Have we had many reports on 4080 and lower? Rated TBP of 4090 is 450W, 4080 is 320W, 4070 Ti 285W, 4070 200W. So as we move down the range, the headroom increase significantly.

I heard about problems with the 4080 at the start, but nothing lately, I guess Nvidia users finally learned with AMD and started undervolting 😁

I guess I'm thankful I plugged mine in right on a 4090? I'll never take an IR thermometer to it though...

...ignorance is bliss. :p :rofl:

How many cards in the product stack even have the new connector?? I thought this was only a high end solution for now?

Edit: also, dont some of those use the '300W' connector? So headroom shrinks?

Another thing, did we hear about the new 12V-2x6? Part of the pcie 6.0 spec. That should help next gen anyway.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if pointing a fan directly towards the connector won't help a tad, remember the old cases with fan placement right in front of the GPU?

This would help... maybe :giggle:

aeroracer_004.jpg

Edit: also, dont some of those use the '300W' connector? So headroom shrinks?
I think the connector is the same, the adapter cable itself is rated for different power depending on how many PCIe power connectors are on it. The one that came with the 4070 has two so would be 300W supply.

So 4080/4090 instead of having 1x600w on the PCB, would be better suited having 2x300w or 4x150w, which would fix the high temperature issue even with a misalignment? Wouldn't that mean the problem is that Nvidia is cheap AF like almost everyone's been saying all along? And that they would actually have to admit to it publicly?

Back