• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Recall Notice: Corsair SF Series Power Supplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

On March 29, 2020, Corsair quietly announced a recall of recently manufactured SF series small form factor power supplies. After receiving greater than normal RMA rates they conducted an internal investigation and decided to recall the units manufactured between October 2019 and March 2020.

Click here to view the article.

Not the root cause, but under high temperatures and high humidity the power supplies failed at a higher rate than normal.

I love that they are covering all shipping cost and sending out the PSU's in advance to minimize user downtime. To me this says a lot about their commitment to customer satisfaction. Basically raising their hand, admitting they screwed something up, and are doing everything they can to make it as right as possible.

Conversely, I also think it's a smaller number of units affected than if it was, say, their RM line. Hopefully they would have handled it the same, but I do have my doubts.

I love that they are covering all shipping cost and sending out the PSU's in advance to minimize user downtime. To me this says a lot about their commitment to customer satisfaction. Basically raising their hand, admitting they screwed something up, and are doing everything they can to make it as right as possible.
Agreed 100%. I like to see a company step up properly. Pre-shipping and covering shipping is a big cost and risk to them. I remember trying to RMA an ek product which became such a PITA that I finally gave up. Good to see my Corsair loyalty is deserved...at least right now.

Never jumped on board and never will. Sorry but Corsair and psus are not for me. I will stick with the players that have been in the game making quality psus for a much longer time. Good that Corsair did the right thing here but there have been other series they have made that have had questionable quality.

Their mid to high tiered supplies are actually pretty respectable. And while I wouldn't use one in my primary desktop the CX/CM lines were my go-to PSUs for cheap builds for a while.

Last edited:
from my experience, Corsairs warranty has been second to none. Not that I have had to use it often- when I did it was always phenomenal. Light years better than my 2 instances of Asus's supposed "service"

Both my SF are fine and were running at high temps in ITX builds. But I think that the last one still has about a year so it isn't anywhere close to the mentioned units. So far I had a good experience with Corsair PSUs.

Never jumped on board and never will. Sorry but Corsair and psus are not for me. I will stick with the players that have been in the game making quality psus for a much longer time. Good that Corsair did the right thing here but there have been other series they have made that have had questionable quality.

My Corsair AX1200 has been going strong for 8 years now... Never heard of a questionable series from them.

My 10 year+ HX850 survived water cooling leak and after drying was working without issues next 2-3 years (think it still works, I'm just not using it anymore) ... but since then is pink inside as water was with a red dye :)

Back