• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4ghz @ 2.8ghz And no more...wots up? PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

If i go above 2.88ghz windows doesnt boot, i upped the power to 1.750 so surely it should boot and my idle temp is 40 on boot so i cant see the problem please help me :S:S: :)

It's kinda hard to guess at what your problem is without knowing what CPU step, cooling, motherboard, RAM, etc you're using. Pouring more voltage into the chip seldom solves this sort of problem though.

NookieN said:
It's kinda hard to guess at what your problem is without knowing what CPU step, cooling, motherboard, RAM, etc you're using. Pouring more voltage into the chip seldom solves this sort of problem though.

Not stupid coz i dont know what you mean!! (oe maybe im stupid im not to good with hardware :() is it in the bios ???
and wot does changing it do/?
:) reply back plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :):D

yeah, the memory divider setting is inside the bios, try to find this in bios --> DRAM Ratio if the value is by cpu, change it to 5:4 :)

Back