• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard Header Connection Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAHawk

Registered
Hello

I could use a little help connecting my Onboard Header Connectors with my system panel header on my motherboard. The motherboard I have is an ASRock Taichi Ultimate. I get the HDLED and the PLED, but the Reset SW and the Power SW are a little confusing.
I see from the diagram there is a PWRBTN# and a RESET# but there are 3 GND which I know is ground. But what configuration are they connected? SEE PICTURE.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
Make sure the '+' symbols match upon the cables and connectors. The ground = '-' for all practical and electrical purposes. When I have loose connector wires for the front panel I line them up in my hand and Scotch tape them in the correct configuration so that they are easier to push into place on the MB.

The two loose Pwr LED go where is says PLED+/-.

The Pwr Switch connector goes on the Pw Btn and Gnd. The - is the ground.

The HDD LED should be self explanatory (+/-)

Reset Sw goes to RESET#. The - goes to the ground.

Thanks,
So it doesn’t matter on the PWRBTN which GRD I use? If you see there is a GRD to the right and one below. Just as long as it is the - side.

Back