• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netdimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Karbon said:
wtf is going on

It seems like every weekend that I go away, when I come back on sunday all 20 VMs don't have dimes running anymore. If I don't go away, they are all fine.

Maybe it's something related to that...like idling of the computer turns the internet off or something?

no, everything else is fine, I've never had an internet related problem since I got my new router either

the agents mysteriously stop running sometimes though :(

Karbon said:
no, everything else is fine, I've never had an internet related problem since I got my new router either

the agents mysteriously stop running sometimes though :(

I had the same problem when I was running VM's. Never figured it out.

After I stopped all of the VMs, I haven't been able to get them going again...I hate dimes

Attachments

• vm.JPG
    vm.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 206
this might be the problem, every once in a while I look at the stats to see if any clients have 0 points for the day. It's dumb because this is the latest version, and only some of the agents get this...

Attachments

• dimes.JPG
    dimes.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 203
this wont come up for me in vista

i have the latest java and i just downloaded and installed

i click on the program and i see my blue ring come up and then it goes away and nothing happens

wtf???

EmAn said:
this wont come up for me in vista

i have the latest java and i just downloaded and installed

i click on the program and i see my blue ring come up and then it goes away and nothing happens

wtf???

did you download the GUI version or the console version?

I hate to say it, but I'll probably not be putting up as many points for dimes anymore. Tomorrow I'm going to install my free vista business. Vista's memory usage combined with my loss of interest in dimes, and it hurting boinc projects, is just too much.

I'll still have 5+ agents going though

Had to do yet another re-install of DIMES. Started it as a service, and found the wrapper log, and this is what was in it:

STATUS | wrapper | 2007/05/08 23:18:17 | --> Wrapper Started as Service
STATUS | wrapper | 2007/05/08 23:18:17 | Launching a JVM...
FATAL | wrapper | 2007/05/08 23:18:17 | Unable to execute Java command. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
FATAL | wrapper | 2007/05/08 23:18:17 | "java" -Djava.util.logging.config.file=../conf/logging.properties -Djava.library.path="." -classpath "./wrapper.jar;../../" -Dwrapper.key="dD3IMn6gc0omdGAl" -Dwrapper.port=32000 -Dwrapper.jvm.port.min=31000 -Dwrapper.jvm.port.max=31999 -Dwrapper.pid=4664 -Dwrapper.version="3.2.0" -Dwrapper.native_library="wrapper" -Dwrapper.service="TRUE" -Dwrapper.cpu.timeout="10" -Dwrapper.jvmid=1 org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperStartStopApp Start 2 ../../JARs ../conf/properties.xml dimes.service.Stop true 0
FATAL | wrapper | 2007/05/08 23:18:17 | Critical error: wait for JVM process failed

Any ideas from anyone here? Going to try and get on the Dimes forum and post it there for help also.
Redleg

Back