• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII November: Geekbench4-Single Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had written a quick article/question about Intel CPU's but did not post it as I didn't want to sound dumb.

I said that because part of what I wrote is now being scene. Maybe someone else can answer this question.
Why is Jiccman's i7-8700k listed as a Coffee Lake and Johan's i9-9900k listed as a Kaby Lake??? The Kaby Lake was the i7-7xxx series.

LRG5 / Ryzen 2700X / Dice / 5610 (Win10)

geek11.PNG

Having all kinds of fun with rock MB Drives. I got all working but the Lan , but not stable at all. Johan45 I'm working on it.

LRG5 /Ryzen 2700x / Dice / 5610 (Win10)

geek11.PNG

Having all kinds of fun with asrock Win7 MB Drivers. I got all working but the Lan, and not stable at all. Will be looking for better BIOS. Johan45 I'm still working on it.

All 8/16 C/T.

Last edited:
I had written a quick article/question about Intel CPU's but did not post it as I didn't want to sound dumb.

I said that because part of what I wrote is now being scene. Maybe someone else can answer this question.
Why is Jiccman's i7-8700k listed as a Coffee Lake and Johan's i9-9900k listed as a Kaby Lake??? The Kaby Lake was the i7-7xxx series.

Probably because of some error in the database, there is no 9900K in the database or simply it reads something wrong from CPU ID. It doesn't really matter what is there.

MaddMutt / i7-5960x / AIO / 6021

I hope with Colder Weather I can get an extra 100MHz from the AIO :)
So far the max is ~ 4.825 - 4.850 [16 Cores] or 4.91 - 4.93 [4 Cores]

GeekBench4 Single_Multi Core.jpg

storm-chaser / E8600 / AIR / 3025

There should be a little room for improvement here but I wanted to get a baseline run in...
EDIT: Johan, this was run on your old Asus P5Q3. :thup:

geekbench.PNG

Last edited:
MaddMutt / i7-5960x / AIO / 6021

I hope with Colder Weather I can get an extra 100MHz from the AIO :)
So far the max is ~ 4.825 - 4.850 [16 Cores] or 4.91 - 4.93 [4 Cores]

Drop it to 2 cores and set higher voltage. Or if you have some more time then check which cores are overclocking the best. I don't remember if on your mobo you could pick cores.
Memory looks good already.
You can also check if cache clock will go higher.

Drop it to 2 cores and set higher voltage. Or if you have some more time then check which cores are overclocking the best. I don't remember if on your mobo you could pick cores.
Memory looks good already.
You can also check if cache clock will go higher.

The BIOS will let me turn on/off each core and on/off HT for all active cores. I was using Real Temp to check my temps per core. Last month I noticed that it was only displaying the temps for 6 cores :( This was using the basic file RealTempGT.exe. I have since switched to Core Temp as it displays all 8 Cores on Intel and AMD CPU's :)
If you look at my pic closer, you will see that Core #2 and Core #4 are my HOT ones :(

MetalRacer/ i7 8700k / LN2 / 8598

image-id-2092143.jpg

Nice Metal but you gotta work that RAM
OP updated

I tried too get in on this but I spent so much time trying to get my crappy 2500K past 5.2 that I got too much condensation in the socket....

I tried too get in on this but I spent so much time trying to get my crappy 2500K past 5.2 that I got too much condensation in the socket....

Was it just a shut down or did you kill something?

My X Hero isn't a Hero when it comes to RAM.:(

Just picked up a new X Apex that should do better in the RAM department.:D

Yeah, you're right there. I've had a couple of heros they really aren't good for ram

Back