• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: January PiFast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
got my 925 up to 333x14 4.66ghz, but the runs are slower... wt fudge. thoughts anyone?

ohh, and when disabling cores, should i use say core 1 or 2, as those tested fastest when setting affinity? thoughts?

6 HRS left in this.

EarthDog is leading with a sub 12 second run in the Intel Division and ChanceCoats123 with a sub 21 second run for the lead of AMD!

i knew you BE AMD'ers would wait until the last day to bring out the big guns... GRR! i can get the 925 up to 4.66 (333 fsb) but can only hit mid 23s. nb freq isn't helping, can't raise any other volts anywhere, everything but cpu is maxed, ram at 1.8v. might have fried something at 1.82v CPU... have to wait until tomorrow to check for sure. dinner/family time totally cuts into benching time... :shock:

I haven't even taken mine to 1.8 on the singlestage. Hopefully your cpu is ok.
I don't want to ruin mine, it is going to get LN2 treatment soon.

edit: nvm ram at 1.8 :chair:

Last edited:
Shoot

Man, I was holding something back just in case some people came in late, but I don't think that I can get below the mid 23's with air cooling. I'm not worried about heat during a 30-second windows session, but without sub-zero temps, I think that the voltage to get to that clock speed might kill something. :(

Going to try tweaking the daylights out of the config of my 8350, but I've yet to find a way to beat my Phenom's single-thread benchmarks with it. In short, I think that I'm going to have to tip my cap to the AMD guys on this one. :popcorn:

Back