• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Amazon actually shipping from the Amazon?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It showed you that when you checked out as well, no reason to act surprised when it isn't there the next day, They include order processing in that time frame, they don't have to ship it the same day, but they do have to have it to you by the 14th, if that means then end up shipping it overnight air on the 13th so you get it the 14th they are still within their window they said they would get it for you. Us who pay for prime have priority over people who do not, sorry that's how the world works though, i just ordered some cameras, and they will be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon, free shipping.

Again with the "you are expecting it there next day..."

Nope, that wasn't my expectation. My expectation was old school. I bought something, I want it put it in a box and ship it to me. If the truck takes a week, a month, a year, to make it here, so be it, just don't sit on my order.

As far as your perceived prime priority, that's awesome. I also don't have any issue with that taking place. They have lost me as a customer because they are letting my product sit for a many days, un-shipped. I would go a step further though as to the perception I have of Prime.... If you and I order something on Sunday, I would expect them to take care of your order first and have it shipped ASAP because it has to be there in 2 days. I would expect them to find the best cost effective method to get it to you in 2 days and put it on that truck (be it Prime vans, FedEx, UPS, USPS, whatever...) I would expect them to put my stuff on the lowest cost delivery method they can find and not worry about how long it will take to get to me, since I didn't care about it either.

If they frequently have multiple day delays in shipping other customer's items, they have a staffing or warehousing issue. Most people would likely agree, if your business get so many orders, you cant fill them as they come in, you need to ramp up or your "overflow" will run to your competitors.

I understand where you all are coming from but you are frequently missing my point. If they get it here by the 14th, they will have met their promise. Great. If they got it here yesterday (3 days after the order) they would have had a happy customer. Also great. I am fully aware of what I signed up for and am not expecting it sooner than it was promised. What I don't like is that every other business seems to be able to put stuff on a truck either the day the product is ordered or the following business day. Amazon chooses not to, unless I pay more for it, when it is a free service from others. For that reason and that reason alone, they lose me as a customer.

My surprise is that they sit on sold products. It rubs me the wrong way. It is clearly their business model and I don't begrudge it to them. Keep making money Amazon, I wish you well. It's just the wrong model for me.

As for the way of the world, I am well aware :) I can afford to stand on principal, even if I am too cheep to pay for expedited shipping. I didn't get to where I am at by being frivolous.

Dear Sir, but they have other things to do as well. Your order is not the only one being sent out. They won't be sending packages one at a time anytime someone makes an order. I am pretty sure they take a stack of orders and then it's the "shipping day" for them, when they sit dwn, pack everything and do it all day long.

It's simple physics. You have to make efficient spread of time deeds to keep business running efficiently. It makes total sense. As long as it comes to you by arrival date, they have fulfilled their duty.

/shrug I in the past have had items sit as order accepted from other sites (b&h photo, newegg, etc) sure sometimes it gets packed and sent out the same day but then still takes a week to get to me. It's possible that there's a fulfillment center in Memphis, but because your delivery Window is the 9th-14th that they aren't in a rush to get it boxed up.

Either way I don't care or have a horse in the race, I'm not an Amazon share holder or work from them. But to decide to not use a company anymore because they didn't tell you your item was getting boxed up immediately... :shrug:

Dear Sir, but they have other things to do as well. Your order is not the only one being sent out. They won't be sending packages one at a time anytime someone makes an order. I am pretty sure they take a stack of orders and then it's the "shipping day" for them, when they sit dwn, pack everything and do it all day long.

It's simple physics. You have to make efficient spread of time deeds to keep business running efficiently. It makes total sense. As long as it comes to you by arrival date, they have fulfilled their duty.

I agree, they feel they have better things to do. Since they don't value my business enough to stick my stuff on a truck, I wont be generating more for them in the future. I am not familiar with the physics theory of spreading time deeds but you probably have a point there. You can keep your physics though, I'll stick to finance. :)

I can tell I am in the minority here, I didn't set out to change minds or anything, just venting that I don't like them doing nothing with my order for 4 days now. In my mind, they are telling me "I could have had this to you at the same cost by Friday but I decided you weren't worth it, so next Wednesday it is." I value myself more than that so..... Yep, they still wont get more business from me :)

I'm sure its a HUGE loss since, as I also said, I don't buy much online anyway, certainly not enough to make prime appealing to me.

/shrug I in the past have had items sit as order accepted from other sites (b&h photo, newegg, etc) sure sometimes it gets packed and sent out the same day but then still takes a week to get to me. It's possible that there's a fulfillment center in Memphis, but because your delivery Window is the 9th-14th that they aren't in a rush to get it boxed up.

Either way I don't care or have a horse in the race, I'm not an Amazon share holder or work from them. But to decide to not use a company anymore because they didn't tell you your item was getting boxed up immediately... :shrug:

It's funny you say that :) Amazon has made me a bunch of money. I was an investor from 2013 - 2017 and bought them in the 2018 plunge (gotta love asinine politicians!!!) so I am a shareholder again. Their stock bought my rig many times over. I still don't like that they wont just put my stuff in a box and send it to me and that is at the heart this unsatisfactory customer relationship.

Last edited:
Dear Green Sir,
You will highly benefit from brick and mortar store:thup:

You sir, are an F'n GENIUS!

At first, I took your comment off as a wee bit of douchbaggery but this morning, it hit me. I STILL CAN just go buy these items locally. So I checked around my local retailers and found the same items. I cancelled the items from Amazon and will go buy them locally later.

It's a bit of a hassle but the cost will be the same. I have to go drop a new grill off for a tenant in that area anyway. He wasn't expecting the grill until Sunday (oh the irony!!! an early delivery!). Heck, I'll stop and get his family a couple steaks, some potatoes, and a bag of salad to go with it. He will be so stoked!

I do wish Amazon would have just sent me my order promptly but now I know. Thanks for the advice. I'll be up and running by the end of the day. If Amazon wanted my business, they would have put my stuff on a truck.

So I checked around my local retailers and found the same items. I cancelled the items from Amazon and will go buy them locally later.

It's a bit of a hassle but the cost will be the same. I have to go drop a new grill off for a tenant in that area anyway. He wasn't expecting the grill until Sunday (oh the irony!!! an early delivery!). Heck, I'll stop and get his family a couple steaks, some potatoes, and a bag of salad to go with it. He will be so stoked!

I do wish Amazon would have just sent me my order promptly but now I know. Thanks for the advice. I'll be up and running by the end of the day. If Amazon wanted my business, they would have put my stuff on a truck.
I just... I............ wow. :)

Well... glad you can find the parts locally and get them... and I'll leave it at that (while SMH the whole while, lol).

Post up a build log when you get it! :)

Most excellent! Only quality content from taco! It makes little sense to order from amazon if you have same stuff in the stores and since they started charging taxes on online purchases as well, you don't benefit at all by placing orders and wait.

Of the 3 items I left on the Amazon order, one has now exceeded it's delivery window. It has been 11 days since it was "in stock" and ordered.

What gulper nozzle said, most likely if you contact them and ask about it they will give you a gift card for your troubles, atleast that's how every interaction i've had with them as went on late delivery or lost packages.

They have my phone number. If they want to make this right, they can call me. They also have my email address. They still yet have the opportunity for that mail to pop up in my inbox saying "Sorry we were late, here is 20% off the order." When I make a mistake, I make it up to the person and I don't wait for the person to ask me "Hey, are you going to make that up to me?" I expect the same in return. I am often disappointed but judging people as I expect to be judged has left me with plenty of really good people and business around me. Those who don't hit the mark just fade into the background. I dont need to push for something to be good when it's not its natural state.

They did further add to my inconvenience by leading me to believe my package would still be delivered yesterday though. I arranged to have someone at the house to accept the deliver but today I won't be so fortunate as that person put of what they would have done yesterday. Amazon could have notified me, they did collect all that data about me (phone and email). Instead, when I log in, Amazon still shows that it will be delivered between the 9th and 14th. When I look up the actual delivery ID on the carrier though, I can see it didn't make it from freight to parcel until this morning.

No, I won't be calling. I am not going to sweat the small stuff.

I am glad they fit the needs of so many people in this community. They just aren't right for me. My bar is too high (or perhaps my bar is sideways and they just can't figure it out...).

To me, your expectations are absolutely ridiculous. Sideways to use your own words.

It's your own fault you scheduled someone to be at your house to pick the package up without checking. You had concerns going into it and you didn't follow up and check tracking FIRST? A lot of this is common sense things that are being overlooked and then blamed on Amazon. But hey.... it's your expectation and your reality! :)

Last edited:
Which expectation crosses the line?

My most basic expectations:

1) That they ship my product promptly after purchase?
2) That they notify me if my product is delayed outside of the promised window?

My more complicated expectations:

3) That they identify their own mistake and don't rely on me to bring it to their attention?

Expecting them (or anyone for that matter) to identify their mistake is naive. That's why they're called mistakes. They aren't aware that they made them. It's up to an outside observer (you in this case) to bring it to their attention. My outside observer, my missus, has no issue with bringing my short-comings to my attention. I afford her the same, graciously, and we help to get 'whatever' done or fixed or improved upon and are both better for it.

I'm a Prime member, have been for years. Never had issues with their shipping, even when it's second party shipping. One return ever and it was as smooth as glass. The videos and music that come with membership are a bonus to me. The overall experience is why they succeed, a better mousetrap.

Mr.Smoke, Sir,
Have you checked your other porch? The item might be sitting there since yesterday..
I had that happn before. I live in a 900sqft mansion with 2 porches and cnt always be at the same time in 2 places.

Which expectation crosses the line?

My most basic expectations:

1) That they ship my product promptly after purchase?
2) That they notify me if my product is delayed outside of the promised window?

My more complicated expectations:

3) That they identify their own mistake and don't rely on me to bring it to their attention?
1. YOU asked for that shipping. It doesn't say 'sooner' than those days... it says August 9th to 14th. Expecting them to ship it sooner when you specifically requested 'snail mail' is an expectation not based in reality... they gave you reality and you chose to ignore it substituting it with your own (yay Mythbusters!).
2. We still don't know if Amazon shipped it or 3rd party... your posts earlier are not clear. Related to that is you initially said you canceled the amazon order, but come to find in another thread you only canceled some. Communication hasn't been terribly clear so I do wonder about other things and if it is being read and communicated correctly.
3. Maybe here I can see something, but again, I haven't run into a company which does that unless they are out of stock when they fill the order (see also #2).

Really though, it's on you to make that call if you don't see the status change. Most of your discontent really stems from not knowing their systems and how to work the system (check tracking before you obligate someone's time to sit at your house when you were concerned out of the gate of the arrival...).

Apologies, but I really have little sympathy outside of them missing the shipping window on the one product.... which again, nobody is perfect... the rest, yes, your expectations don't meet with reality for the vast majority of organizations.

Last edited:
Back