• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If it's not AMD or Intel.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chris_F said:

I don't even think about those as being Intel. At least not the Intel we know today.

true they are not like the intel chips today, but they are still Intel chips, even if by name only. But ok, i guess they would be slightly different than the x86 used in intel and amd chips now.

NookieN said:
Alphas were cool, but Suns I can do without. There's a Sun Ultra 10 in my cube right now that I'm using as a foot rest... and it's not particularly good even for that.

ROTFL I can see that:p. I like their colour scheme? Also they were the rigs in that dungeon that had the largest monitors, so I could sit a mile away to work. And I met a guy at a friend's wedding (ended up getting smashed b/c we knew no one else, Nerds UNITE!) who works for Sun @ Chicago, and he says they treat him pretty well. That matters for those of us in the corperate swing.

You can overclock the imac with a litle soldering of resistors, some macs, you simply have to change jumpers. Then, I guess you could always do a "turbo-PLL" type mod...

dippy_skoodlez said:

Geez.. you act like mac are not overclockable... they have CPU's too lol :D

I've necer really delved into the world of the Mac. I've used them for projects and whatnot. But as far as hardware goes, I'm lost. I have pread other places of OC's but close to 100MHz.

Back