• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmmmm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassnut

Premium Member
So contemplating on building a setup but have a couple questions first.

Well one question mainly as I live out in the country and my internet connection is kinda up and down. How much of an impact does mining have as far as my internet connection is concerned ie. bandwidth required and does it have a dedicated connection constantly being used?

Most coins don't use much bandwidth, but a few (most notably earnhoney) use a lot.

BTC ….. no …… Eturium $0.44 a day with 1 2080ti estimated on a hashrate of 50. If my memory is right 5700XT is around $4 / day but that might be high or on a different coin I can't remember and am not going to look right now but I don't think I am a buyer. I can get an ASICS rig for around $300US but I would need more then 1 to really make a dent on BTC.

Edit ……

A Radion VII with a hashrate of 92 will generate an estimate of $1.39 / day there is no real accurate source right now for the 5700XT it's all over the place.

Last edited:
BTC ….. no …… Eturium $0.44 a day with 1 2080ti estimated on a hashrate of 50.
So one top end GPU can just barely outpace a tablet mining Swagbucks (about $0.40/day), given current difficulty levels? Or is that just not the right coin for GPU mining and that there are some that are way more profitable?

That said, I'm not sure if Swagbucks mining would be a good choice for you given its mining performance is very sensitive to network conditions. It's also not a very good coin in most respects - in fact, the only reason why I still mine it is because it's still energy efficient to do so.

Back