• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER and 2070 SUPER review - Guru3D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They are “marginally” better. :D I prefer game FPS comparisons rather than benchmarks though. But generally the same results. The 2080 Super performs better, marginally 5%-7%.

Glad I didn't watch the vid if they only did synthetics, lol!

TPU showed a 6% difference from FE to Super FE at 2560x1440 (less at 1080, but this isn't really a 1080p card, but higher) across 21+ titles.

I wish they would have cut into the 2080Ti's lead a bit more as it had a larger gap than between any other card, but... 6% improvement for $100 less (MSRP) I can't complain.

Of course you did, lol!

Those seeing the forest through the trees may not have such a negative outlook... or at least share the same sentiment with AMD cards like the 590 and other incremental/hold over cards.

The point is, both companies do this.. it isnt about the Huang as much as you may want it to be... :rofl:

Scores from the regular and the super were roughly the same ?

Super is higher but not a whole lot. The lead gets even smaller when you put them on equal clocks.

No go on flashing a non super to super. Before i took the 2080 back for some 2080ti's i did a yolo bios flash. But i knew nvidia wont give us free cores.

Super is higher but not a whole lot. The lead gets even smaller when you put them on equal clocks.

What's confusing me is that there's quite a few comparison videos already and all of them (gaming-wise) give a very clear lead to the Super when comparing the same models at the same speeds - higher then TPU's advertised 6% and nearly entering 2080 territory - yet in productivity where it should (?) lead on account of the extra cores it benches the same? What am I missing?

What's confusing me is that there's quite a few comparison videos already and all of them (gaming-wise) give a very clear lead to the Super when comparing the same models at the same speeds - higher then TPU's advertised 6% and nearly entering 2080 territory - yet in productivity where it should (?) lead on account of the extra cores it benches the same? What am I missing?

Yeah the 2070 super is good. The 2080 super is the heroin addict of the family. A disappointment.

Most of the reviews I seen was ref vs ref and I hope it will be higher. It's clocked higher and more cores. But that gap gets small pretty quick when you put it against a card like a Strix. Match the clocks and those 128 extra cores seem pretty meh. But the 2070's extra cores is a good improvement over the non super. But who buys a founders edition card? Most people buy cards that are pre overclocked. That gap gets smaller when you do that.

Like a review I just looked at. 2080 super ftw 3 hybrid. Guess what cards are on the list? A 2080 Fe and a 2080 super Fe. Well no **** it's faster. How about a 2080 ftw3 hybrid vs it? How about any other 2080 that's not a fe. Oh wait can't have that. It just shows how much weight "reviewers" really have. I'm not asking for to much here. Just stop trying to mislead people with skewed benchmarks. You take a high-end model. And out it against a fe...why not another equally matched model. If someone is going to to buy that ftw 3 hybrid they are not looking at the Fe.

I'm sitting here trying to find out. How much faster does the 128 cores make it? Should be in every review but ohhhh noooo can't have that. We gotta throw a ton of other stuff in just to pad the numbers.

But 2060 super 2 thumbs up

2070 super 2 thumbs up

2080 super meh. I'll always take more cores. But this card when compared to the rest is a disappointment. Like I said. It feels like it's there rx580.

Back