• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FREE MONEY for all TORONTO people!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
n2 said:
it would be great if you'd describe, in general... the stores contents and pricing... like, whats usefull, what caught your eye...
and how you feel the prices and quality rate.

thanks for being close :)

and thanks for posting your findings too, much appreciated!

It'd be super great if I could name everything they've got! Don't expect to find cpu's or too much modern parts. Stuff thats almost obsolete or barely obsolete is in plenty. In the past I've bought several used b&w 14"vga monitors, a used color vga monitor, several keyboards both used and surplus new, used floppy drives both 360k and 1.44m, a used hard drive (420mb for $10 Canadian a year ago), a used cd rom (X4 speed $4 Canadian), cases, power supplies, all kinds of bits and pieces. Much of their stuff is AS IS but I've rarely bought something that didn't work. The only stuff I've had problems with was the color vga monitor, the transformer blew after 4 days, I returned it under 30 day warranty and they fixed it the same day (but I had to loiter around in downtown T.O. all day in February!) and the X4 cd rom which was "AS IS" and didn't work, $4 Canadian, big loss! I should have bought 3, I'm sure at least one would have worked! $12 for a cd rom for a backup computer would have been worth it in my opinion. Also they sell Lexan sheets by weight at a good price if anyone is thinking of making a clear case or a window for their case.

great place

Yah thats a great place, that smelly gorilla has been there for ages. You're right, you can find just about anything 'older' there including av stuff and components of all kinds. I especially like the cheap tools, cabling and odds and ends. I could browse in there the whole day.

The other place mentioned Above All Electronics, is that at Bathurst and Bloor? That is a wild store as well. They have literally thousands of items to look at. The computer stuff is slightly newer but you can still get 2m vga cards for 5.00 bucks as well as nic cards for 5.00 and fans, and wow fans galore, all types and 5.00 to 9.00 bucks. I love this place, there is a bunch of used 15" and 17" monitors crowding the entrance to this shop. I love checking out every aisle.

yeah thier is a place like that in Vancouver (Canada), its called computer-surplus , i call it the computer graveyard. Stuff you find thier is 1 step from bing trash.... and sometimes it is. Fans like you were talking about are $2.50 12V any amp any size... got bins full of them.. quality is another concern though...
They are used and may die soon.

Found a slot 1 board thier... bought it and was dead.. they gave me my money back so.... all is good.

Any one got an extra Slot 1 to sell?

But rember used stuff is USED aka (posibly) end of its life span

Fair enough, although it really should go in the "FREE MONEY for all TORONTO people!" section. I know its around here somewhere... :)

Bump. Well, what did you think? (those of you who checked the place out this weekend)

grrr.......i used to live in toronto.......just moved back to hong kong half a year ago.........!!

anyways....i can get stuff here cheap too, it's great
and i can buy like industry fans that plug into the wall(90mm + all the way up to like 250mm) there are fans that are in the air con as well...all for a cheap price! i found those cage fans that are used in hoot's article for 220$ HKD, something around 48$ USD

it kicksa$$

Back