• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seen that.... feels like the same thing a native 3 fan solution would do with a shroud.

I don't see a need to use it on card with two fans.

I believe attaching more powerful fans directly to the vid-card heatsink (even better if the fans are ducted) is more effective than these fan cards.

Seen that.... feels like the same thing a native 3 fan solution would do with a shroud.

I think that his point may be that this would be a good replacement when your fans go out. I mean, he has lost a lot of cooling fans fairly recently.

It can be configured for 1, 2 or 3 fans, there are brackets that join the fans together so by removing 1 bracket you can set it up for 2 fan cards. fan-card4.jpg

Back in 2003, I used a single fan bracket beneath the GPU to cool it off a bit. The system was my first socket 754 Athon 64 system using an Albatron K8X800 Pro motherboard. I sold it to a graduate student at Cal Berkely who needed a 64-bit setup for his lab.

I also had a dual fan bracket I used on some later system, but can't find a photo of it.

1714569306089.png

I can't imagine that bracket fan card making any real diff. in cooling a mid to high level tier videocard -- especially in a case w/no bottom intakes.

Back