• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dice cooling pot for under 200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IOERSdj

Registered
Ln2 is too expensive and I'm going to be using cheap cpus so not worried about damage to cpu but is there anybody who makes dice pots for under 200 that ships to California if there aren't any I might design one in cad and ship it off to get machined also any recommendations for cheap cpus that are good for oc are welcome

Koolance had a couple great pots for DICE, I think you can still find them in the used-market, but they rarely pop up. Otherwise I'm not sure if there's much else out there that is that cheap, again without looking at the used market and looking on various forums, ebay, etc.

For cheap CPUs, I cut my teeth on C2D/C2Q and S1366 CPUs on DICE, worked well for me.

Can you give me a link on where to buy one I already knew they sold great pots but when I went to their site I found they were discontinued and haven't seen anyone selling used or overstocked pots

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you know of a meetup in the LA area where I can find people with used cpu pots

I haven't seen one for sale in quite some time, during the time I would be searching for it, I am a member at numerous forums and their respective for sale/trade/classifieds sections and kept an eye on those.

How do I become part of the classified section

- - - Updated - - -

Also another thing is that I'm not home right now so I can't order anything cause I'm in NYC and my house is in the LA area I'll be back home in about 3-4 weeks though

If I do make my own I might be willing to make some to sell because I'm already making the cad file and you get discounts the more you order if I remember correctly either that or I buy my own cnc mill since I've been wanting one for awhile just needed a good enough reason *cough*😁(excuse) to get one

Ok since I can't even order a pot if I find one I'll just start designing something in cad on my laptop when I get back to the dorm and see what I come up with

cpu pot1.JPG cpu pot2.JPG cpu pot.JPG Here are some photos of my initial idea any tips on the design are welcome, (also this is just the part that would be made of copper)

Just have one made. Shouldn't take too much materials or time. Your own mill! Sounds like a bitmining scheme. Love to know how you get on.≖‿≖

Overall Mass is key for maintaining cold but you want the Pot to be thin enough at the base to properly transfer heat. Also I would consider plunge drilling holes inside instead of machining out posts. Of the few homemade pots I've seen this is how it was done. Of course they likely didn't have access to a CNC and it's pretty easy to set a plunge depth. I would also machine a lip around the top inside edge for your topper piece. I'll send picks of my pot (older Koolance) for ideas.

Keep us posted.

Yea I only did the posts instead of holes because the posts are much easier to do in the software because you don't have to worry about getting the height just right for all of them and this was just a quick mockup that I threw together in 30 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

As for there being no lip for the upper part I was thinking of just finding a pipe that I can screw into the top so I don't have to pay for machining 2 pieces

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is the place that I'm probably going to use to have it machined https://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/CNC-Milling-Service/page78.html don't know why I haven't seen anyone else doing a cpu pot in cad when these guys are around

If you check around there have been other manufacturers of pots here and there. Most ended up costing more than the KPC equivalent (outside of the Koolance blocks). I would recommend the holes, as blay mentioned, as you will want the DICE+Acetone slush to be down closer to the CPU, and you will need to be stirring (with chopsticks or equivalent), so having posts will just make that more difficult, in my opinion.

http://der8auer.com/product-category/cpucontainer/

or something like this: (but it is pretty short, probably better for LN2)

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-sf3d-inflection-point-evo

I heard that the ek cpu pot doesn't perform well and that's on ln2 it'll probably be worse with dice

This is the one I have. It's decent for an older pot. Larger ones work better for DICE but since I buy pelleted it works just fine for me.

Koolance-CPU-LN2-Kit.jpg

Contacted them and found that they no longer produce either and they only have one model of ln2/dice pot that they still make and it's 250 dollars not to mention the only way to order one is to contact them via email. Seriously though they need to take down those product listings!

Contacted them and found that they no longer produce either and they only have one model of ln2/dice pot that they still make and it's 250 dollars not to mention the only way to order one is to contact them via email. Seriously though they need to take down those product listings!

Yeah the V10 looks to be still available, but the V20 is out of production.

No both v1 and v2 are out of production

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the email that I got
Hello,

thanks for your request, actually this pot V1 and V2 are no more in production, we do have in stock a model designed with the help of the PRO clocker Rsannino, who did win last OC competition in taiwan with that LN2 Pot.

it is made by a copper base and 2 different aluminum tube, one short and one long.

the whole kit costs 250€ or 280.00 usd, the shipment inside USA will be around 30/40 usd to (my location).

if you want, i can get you some High Res pics of this product that we stil didnt' advertise on website, as it's really new and final retail packaging not yet ready, but by the way, we can already sell it

- - - Updated - - -

Btw should I ask for photos of the new pot? Any of you curious?

Back