• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man...I have not had any of these glitches.

You using some mods...or outdated video drivers?

Nah, this has been a thing since the game launch, it really depends if there's obstructions in the place where the car spawns when you call it. Sometimes I see it explode other cars below it, sometimes there's nothing there but it manages to arrive damaged, sometimes it spawns mid-air and I can't reach it, once it killed 3 cops somehow (never did that again sadly) and made me wanted in the middle of a job... I'm always half expecting to see it come flying at me like in the Angry Joe review 🤷🏻‍♂️ Mind you, this is like 2/10 summons, buy it's always something funny/stupid 😅

Cyberpunk 2077 just got a massive 2.1 update which includes major updates to Ray Tracing modes, allowing Ray Reconstruction to be used on all RT modes as long as RT Reflections are enabled. In this video, we test the performance and image quality of the Cyberpunk 20777 2.1 updates

Cyberpunk 2077 just got a massive 2.1 update which includes major updates to Ray Tracing modes, allowing Ray Reconstruction to be used on all RT modes as long as RT Reflections are enabled. In this video, we test the performance and image quality of the Cyberpunk 20777 2.1 updates

Who the hell is "WE", Kenrou?!? I wasn't there! And, despite any evidence to the contrary, I'm not the one who's been going through your refrigerator for late night snacking. Yeah I know it's bad for me. Yeah I know the doctor says I should do more cardio. But, in spite of all that, I deny any knowledge of why your leftover tupperware wre all empty!

One error with the new update (and I've noticed a couple) is that it automatically disables DLSS by default.

So I went from a solid 60 fps in 2.02 to:

4060210dlssoff.jpg

Then I switched DLSS back on...

4060210dlsson.jpg

...and I'm back to more or less the same fps I was getting in 4K on 2.02.

That's one HELL of a difference.

I was also getting about that on my 2060 Super.

But this was with Vsync turned on and locked to 60fps

With Vsync off on the 4060 I get about 77fps on average.

406021vsyncoffn.jpg

It's a shame I didn't get to do more testing with my 2060 Super. I would've liked to have seen what it could do with Vsync off. But it sold REALLY fast.

One error with the new update (and I've noticed a couple) is that it automatically disables DLSS by default.
Is this an error? Or was it done intentionally by the devs? Personally, I don't like it when it's enabled by default. It should be my choice to use/not use the technology/run at native res.

Did the same to me, disabled DLSS and when I turned it back on it went to DLAA by default. There is also an ongoing bug with the graphic settings, every time I patched the game it floored my FPS until I went to the menu and picked a graphics profile then tuned it again. Going by the reviews and play through, 2.2 is a few % faster than 2.0/2.1 with the same settings, but I manually updated my DLSS DLL to the latest 3.5.10, so I don't know exactly how much :shrug:

BTW, for those with RTX 4***, you should really enable DLSS ray reconstruction, image quality improvements on anything below the Quality setting are really something interesting (not quite sure how Auto works)...

Is this an error? Or was it done intentionally by the devs? Personally, I don't like it when it's enabled by default. It should be my choice to use/not use the technology/run at native res.

It was an error. My settings remained constant the past 3 years. Including the 2.0, 01, and 02 patches. They suddenly changed with this patch. I don't think DLSS was enabled by default (the first time I ever played) though... I remember 3 years ago I had my best friend on the phone going setting by setting with me to optimize for 4K. The settings stayed the same until this morning. And DLSS was the ONLY thing they screwed up. All my other graphics settings were as before.

Did the same to me, disabled DLSS and when I turned it back on it went to DLAA by default. There is also an ongoing bug with the graphic settings, every time I patched the game it floored my FPS until I went to the menu and picked a graphics profile then tuned it again. Going by the reviews and play through, 2.2 is a few % faster than 2.0/2.1 with the same settings, but I manually updated my DLSS DLL to the latest 3.5.10, so I don't know exactly how much :shrug:

BTW, for those with RTX 4***, you should really enable DLSS ray reconstruction, image quality improvements on anything below the Quality setting are really something interesting (not quite sure how Auto works)...

Really? I was wondering about Ray Reconstruction... 2.02 didn't have that option. (I know because I looked just before I updated). I'll enable it now.

Thanks.

It's the little things isn't it :clap:

Ain't it though? :beer:

evie.jpg

It's the little things isn't it :clap:

I guess you're the person to ask: How screwed up IS this game still?

I was just playing through the first PanAm mission and got to the part where you're trying to kill her ex-partner. I kept falling through the FLOOR... repeatedly. And I had the guy pinned down in a little room... but he kept disappearing and reappearing and falling through walls... I'd have him lined-up for a headshot... then he just wouldn't even be there anymore... he'd be across the room.

It's hard to tell how much of this game is glitches... or maybe it's my harware... or whatever... but there definitely seems to be some weird kin of lag.

...or was this some sort "hack" from one of the characters that just makes everything SEEM like it's lagging? (Although that probably wouldn't explain me constantly falling through the floor.

Certain things remain constant. Like the first dude that I would take out with a shotgun was always right where he was supposed to be...

...everything else? Kinda sketch.

There's always a few minor glitches like NPC's not behaving quite like they should or cars looking like they're half buried in the tarmac, but I've never had wall glitching happen to me (just my car). My last bug was just before 2.0.2, an NPC I was supposed to kill went immortal while sitting in a burning car. Regardless, a quick load usually fixes instabilities, at least for a short while...

In my experience it's very much night and day compared to launch, much more stable. Maybe re-install with the latest version when you get your new M.2/SSD instead of patching if you can (maybe your current files aren't 100%)? Also, Devs said to start a new game when the DLC launched, because there might be problems with NPC's and inventory/talents with old saves 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe re-install with the latest version when you get your new M.2/SSD instead of patching if you can (maybe your current files aren't 100%)?
If on Steam get it to do a file verify. I think other launchers may have similar capability.

Might not be a thing, I had weirdness in one game before when platform clock was enabled in Windows. Turned it off, all was fine again. The world seemed to load much slower so I often fell through things. This setting is/was required for many hwbot submissions.

If on Steam get it to do a file verify. I think other launchers may have similar capability.
GoG installers don't sadly, they're old timers and only check the files they modified, but the launcher (what's the name, Galaxy?) might? Never actually used it, worth a try 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll have a look. What they DON'T seem to have is a way to move your install. (Either that or it's just way easier on Steam).

I've got the new M2 drive already. Now I just have to figure out how to move my install. (I am on GOG.) Guess I'll verify first.

How do you bring up the weapon wheel again?

Back