• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolers, esp. widescreen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nihili

Inactive Doc Logic Philosophical Mod
I just bought a Sager 3790, my first widescreen lappie. I'd like to get a laptop cooler as I tend to use the laptop on my lap which of course blocks the fans. Does anyone know of any laptop coolers that fit the wider screens?

Failing in that, what are the best coolers out there, widescreen or not?

Ive had issues as well finding a cooler for my widescreen lappy. From what I have found most cooling pads are between 250-330mm which may or maynot work for your widescreen lappy. Heres a link that has every laptop cooler I have ever found at one place http://www.hardwarecooling.com/default.php/cPath/33.

The one that is particular interesting to me is the Spire PacificBreeze Notebook Cooler because instead of being a pad it acts as a notebook stand and elivates the rear of the notebook as well as blowing cool air under it. Which in my case is important since my lappy has the fan intakes on the bottom instead of exausting on the bottom.

Anyhow, hope this helps. :)

Thanks. It looks like the Thermaltake Coolpad is supposed to handle widescreens. Unfortunately it's a lot more expensive than the smaller ones. THe spire is interesting for a desk, but doesn't look like it would be useable on a lap.

Yea the Thermaltake seems to be the biggest on the market but its gonna cost ya for sure. Im currently working on a design to build my own so that it will meet my needs.

For a while I used a few pieces of composet wood flooring (the kind that snaps together, no need for glue) that when snapped together was the perfect size for my laptop, and was reasonably portable. Ghetto as heck, but hey it worked for $0.

Alas, it got destroyed when my parents put in the new composet flooring. :cry:

Back