• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cgminer declares SICK gpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
What's going on here:
Cgminer declares a "SICK/DEAD" thread...... Only when I cpu mine at the same time.

I even mined XPM with 3 threads, leaving whole thread to Cgminer, but the AMD drivers still crashed and Cgminer declared SICK gpu.

What's going on? My overclock is stable in Furmark (1280X1024 Fullscreen Max AA) and in Kombuster's "Furry and Fuzzy" test (Fullscreen 1280X1024 no AA)

Using 13.12 Drivers.... *should* be using SDK 2.8.... Not sure if I re-installed it after upgrading to 13.12 drivers. I updated to 13.12 because I though the drivers were causing the 6850 to artifact.... Should I downgrade to 12.8 again?

Thanks fellow miners, I'm still getting used to Cgminer, way more options than Cudaminer :p

think its the psu at its max, ur pushing it with two cards mining + cpu mining + overclock
my 2nd box does same, why i had to drop the oc on the 5830

think its the psu at its max, ur pushing it with two cards mining + cpu mining + overclock
my 2nd box does same, why i had to drop the oc on the 5830

Nope, mobo can't support more than one :(
I'm running just the 6850.... Which is why this doesn't make sense.

Even if I leave a whole core to cgminer, the AMD drivers still crash :confused:

I can try to feed the 6850 more volts, It's still at stock + 10Mv for voltage (1.16 Volts stock is 1.15Volts)

hmm, well then an OC instability, try to lower it some
try diff settings for cgminer too, also did u do the setx thingy ?
yet another thing, this is the same OS where you had the nvid originally right ? may want to clean out the drivers and reinstall em new

I was thinking this too. I gave it a bit more voltage just to see.
But the OC was stable in Furmark and Kombuster...
I guess Cgminer is more stressful than both of those?

is due to its high ram use, esp at high I settings

try diff settings for cgminer too, also did u do the setx thingy ?
yet another thing, this is the same OS where you had the nvid originally right ? may want to clean out the drivers and reinstall em new

What's the setx thing?

And yeah, Ivanlabrie gave me a guide to clean out Nvidia, I can't believe how much stuff Nvidia left behind! :eek:

I just tried HardOC's overclock: 925 Core 1125 mem @ stock voltage, It seems stable :thup:

Maybe my OC wasn't as stable as it seemed?
Oh, what about 12.8 drivers? Should I go back top them - do they offer higher hashrates?

open a command line terminal (cmd from start) enter this:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

then

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

why 12.8 ? 13 are better, 13.9 for ex

open a command line terminal (cmd from start) enter this:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

then

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

why 12.8 ? 13 are better, 13.9 for ex

Thanks!
I never knew about the setx commands.

As for drivers, I'll stay with 13.12 then. :)

welcome :cheers:

havent tested 13.12 myself, but seeing how their 13series are quite good id expect it to be good

welcome :cheers:

havent tested 13.12 myself, but seeing how their 13series are quite good id expect it to be good

I haven't had issues with them yet.

Okay, trying for a higher stable OC now! :)

dont try to overpush it, +/- 10khs isnt worth stability issues or burning the card out :p

dont try to overpush it, +/- 10khs isnt worth stability issues or burning the card out :p

I agree, I just has 2 lockups because of the OC (I hope.)

I'm not going to push it past 940 core, that get 270 Kh/s, and that's enough.
If I get too greedy and push the card harder, then I'll kill it and have 0 Kh/s :p

Thanks for the help guys!

End result: Unstable Overclock. D'oh! :facepalm:

I just want to report that the 6850 is up and running @ 268 Kh/s.

945 Core 1100 Mem @ 1.18 Volts.
Voltage is a bit higher than I was hoping for, but it's stable and that's what matters.

On a side note, anyone else having issues with Middlecoin? Stratum keeps disconnecting from Middlecoin, so I never really find any shares.... Give-me-coins works great, it's where I'm mining till Middlecoin recovers...

yap, posted that in the autotrade section, they be having some issue thats causing a 20-30% drop in profits too

Back