• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not Fold problem with Nvidia driver update 552.22

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farwalker2u

I updated my driver from 552.12 to 552.22 today on two Windows 11 systems. Now both systems refuse to fold.
I have reinstalled 552.12 on one system and it refuses to fold.

I shut down F@H, then restarted it. It can not find the folding page/server.
It says: Unable to connect. Can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:7396.

Suggestions?
Maybe uninstall and reinstall Folding?

EDIT:
Finally the system on which I rolled back to 522.12 driver is folding.

Anyone else have a problem folding with driver version 522.22 on Windows 11 Home?

I can check it in about 1h when the current WU will be done. I will shut down and move the PC anyway, so there is no big problem if something crashes.

I updated my driver from 552.12 to 552.22 today on two Windows 11 systems. Now both systems refuse to fold.
I have reinstalled 552.12 on one system and it refuses to fold.

I shut down F@H, then restarted it. It can not find the folding page/server.
It says: Unable to connect. Can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:7396.

Suggestions?
Maybe uninstall and reinstall Folding?

EDIT:
Finally the system on which I rolled back to 522.12 driver is folding.

Anyone else have a problem folding with driver version 522.22 on Windows 11 Home?
Are you sure the port number is right? From what I recall, the port number is 36330.

Why would a display driver cause network (even if localhost) problems? It's not impossible, but unlikely. Like if both needed to use the same port number. Probably a coincidence and the real problem is elsewhere.

Are you sure the port number is right? From what I recall, the port number is 36330.
You are correct that the port is 36330. I have the local online address set as 127.0.0.1:36330 for clients.

As to why a driver update would cause problems finding the server . . . . I can't even guess.

I just reinstalled the 522.12 driver on both systems and I am folding.

Did you pause the client before installing the new driver ? It's always safer to do that. Plus a reboot before starting back up.

I am guessing you do custom clean installs when installing drivers? (Which is good practice)

Glad you got it working. :beer:

Did you pause the client before installing the new driver ? It's always safer to do that. Plus a reboot before starting back up.

I am guessing you do custom clean installs when installing drivers? (Which is good practice)

Glad you got it working. :beer:
I did not pause during the install of the driver. I did try a reboot, but that failed to solve the issue.
When I install the new nvidia drivers I select express install, that has worked for me for the last year or so with how ever many new drivers over that time.

I've always used express update without problems. PhysX doesn't update unless there is an update. For those allergic to GFE there is the new Nvidia App beta which is looking to replace it. Doesn't require login for those that really hate that feature.

I've always used express update without problems. PhysX doesn't update unless there is an update. For those allergic to GFE there is the new Nvidia App beta which is looking to replace it. Doesn't require login for those that really hate that feature.
Sure! Many have that same expereince. I just prefer not to install things that go unused.... annoying login or not. ;)

Back