• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beware Target.com's 2 day shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
I'm going to make this short.

I ordered 2 items from Target.com. Throughout the entire process Target's website claimed 2 day shipping. Entered my address and it still said it was 2 day shipping. Even at checkout right before I clicked submit their site said it was 2 day shipping. After I placed the order it somehow flipped to standard shipping which would take 9 days to arrive.

Used their web chat function immediately. Rep told me they cannot change shipping nor cancel the order. Made a bunch of excuses.

So beware if you're using Target's 2 day shipping they may weasle out AFTER you place your order and not allow any modifications or cancellation of the order after.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope it wasn't anything important.

I know Amazon is starting their new 1-day shipping on certain orders and is pulling the same stunt. Plastering free 1-day shipping on it then defaulting to standard shipping on the final checkout page.

As for changing the shipping speed, Newegg also pulled the same line on me earlier today. Ordered parts for an upcoming build, some off Amazon and the case and mobo off the Egg. After placing the orders I figured it's worth the extra $15 or so to get the NE order shipped 3-day and ensure everything gets here before the weekend so I'd get time to play with it. Nope, we don't have the technology to print out a new UPS label. I mean, I can understand everything on the distribution backend is designed to be as efficient as possible, and changing certain things on the fly can be like pulling the handbrake while on the thruway but still gets annoying :shrug:

(Just crossing my fingers that it ships from their NJ warehouse as then I'm almost guaranteed next day no matter the class of shipping, lol.)

I know Amazon is starting their new 1-day shipping on certain orders and is pulling the same stunt. Plastering free 1-day shipping on it then defaulting to standard shipping on the final checkout page.

It has never defaulted to 1-day whether Prime or not, and that makes perfect sense. Even if it is free to you, it costs them more (obvious by the digital credit incentive they offer to encourage you to actively select the slowest shipping option), so of course they're not going to make that the default. They're quite clear that you have to select the option at checkout yourself. There are no "stunts" being "pulled".

Nope, we don't have the technology to print out a new UPS label.

They should call Gigabyte, then. Within two hours of submitting a RMA request I had an email from UPS to print out a two day shipping label.

It has never defaulted to 1-day whether Prime or not, and that makes perfect sense. Even if it is free to you, it costs them more (obvious by the digital credit incentive they offer to encourage you to actively select the slowest shipping option), so of course they're not going to make that the default. They're quite clear that you have to select the option at checkout yourself. There are no "stunts" being "pulled".

My mistake, didn't realize on the product page it said had to choose at checkout. But still inline with the thread. It's being advertised, independent of distributer cost. If it was a big enough hit they wouldn't offer it.

Are we sure this is actually what happened OP? It seems more likely a PEBKAC than a bait and switch.

My wife just ordered something from there last night and it shows 2-day. No switch on this product.

Nope, something on their end. I would agree with you if I didn't make sure that it said 2 day shipping the whole time.
Tuesday is the only day I am home and the wife isn't. So I try to love up my orders so they arrive then. I ordered it again and received on Tuesday like their site originally stated. The other order should be here on Friday now.

i think all retailer/etailers are having problems shipping things on time right now. i ordered a couple things from amazon last week. both were prime 2 day items. 1st order was on tuesday 15th. chose prime 2 day (i always choose that)the delivery date changed to the 20th despite it being 2 DAY lol. it was still called 2 day prime free but the est delivery was moved to the 20th. the second order was the same. ordered on the 16th. after getting to the shipping page the 2 day shipping date was the 21st(5 days). so both orders were pushed back to 4-5 day delivery estimates despite saying they were prime 2 day and both were amazon prime items and both were usps tracking#s.
i ordered a small item from walmart but it was fulfilled by one of the market companies. it said it was a 2 day item but it took almost a week to get here, usps.
so be prepared to see your ship dates pushed back from here until xmas is my assumption.

just checked a couple of items i had in my cart but hadnt ordered from amazon yet. the 2 day prime is a monday delivery estimate when its usually sunday.

tuesday 15th. chose prime 2 day (i always choose that)the delivery date changed to the 20th despite it being 2 DAY lol.
The 15th was a Thursday. Assuming you didn't order until after noon, it wouldn't go out until Friday. Depending on who the carrier was, it wouldn't move over the weekend.

ordered on the 16th. after getting to the shipping page the 2 day shipping date was the 21st(5 days).
As above.

so both orders were pushed back to 4-5 day
No they weren't. If you're old enough to be buying things online, you're old enough to know weekends are almost never counted in "X days delivery".

That really is weird. Have you looked into how they handle returns so you can send the later order back?
Already took the items to the store to return. Very easy process.

On the flip side Best Buy delivered my wife's present about 4 days earlier then expected.

maxfly, 'tis the time of year to get things pushed back.

Amazon Prime is mostly just free shipping anymore. The 2 day went out the window when Amazon started losing their a** on shipping costs from people ordering two or three cheap trinkets a day in separate orders all month long.

Like most things, the general public is why we can't have nice things anymore.

Amazon Prime is mostly just free shipping anymore. The 2 day went out the window when Amazon started losing their a** on shipping costs from people ordering two or three cheap trinkets a day in separate orders all month long.

Like most things, the general public is why we can't have nice things anymore.

People who think things aren't nice are why things aren't nice anymore... :) Prime still includes a ton of streaming movies and music. Remember when you used to have to pay $30+ just for shipping a single order if you wanted two-day? I remember same-day price tags for shipping used to often approach and exceed $100. Two-day shipping does not mean you have your order in two days. It means it takes two days to ship, which usually means at least three days to get it, because they have to process your order and pack it first. The only time I've ever seen anything move on a Sunday is a same-day order I made early Sunday that arrived late Sunday. Conveniently, that was a "nice thing" free with Prime.

Two day shipping with Prime used to mean two day shipping. That is still the case sometimes, but not most of the time for me.

Two day shipping means two day shipping. Order processing and packing time is not shipping. Two-day shipping means three days to get your order unless you order in the morning early enough to get it shipped the same day. I have had Amazon be late with only one order I can recall out of hundreds, and they immediately send me a gift card code when I complained. FWIW, just this month, I've had four things delivered on time. Three with "two-day", and one free Prime same-day, on a Sunday no less. Ordered Sunday morning, had the box by evening.

I've had Amazon Prime for over three years, I know what the shipping policies were and are. I used to receive 99% of my orders within 48 hours of ordering. That is no longer the case for the majority of my orders, and they have a warehouse less than 7 miles from my door. Part of it is the orders that don't come from Amazon, but are shipped direct from the seller.

Part of it is the orders that don't come from Amazon, but are shipped direct from the seller.

That is probably why Amazon is trying to make "marketplace" sellers change to wholesale to Amazon then Amazon doing resale. There is a news article that presents it as a bad thing, but I don't think it is, unless you take Amazon's entire existence as a bad thing, which again I don't think is, as long as Amazon doesn't turn Chaotic Evil.

Back