• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Maximus XI Hero Motherboard is detecting SCSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jene487

Hi! Two days ago my computer stopped working. The only way it would turn on is if I click the on button on the motherboard. When I click it, it says A6. According to the booklet, it has detected SCSI. I’m not sure what this means but I did check all my cables and make sure they are properly connected. But it still does not make a difference. Also, it’s not showing anything to my monitor. Someone help!

Last edited:
To start out, please post full system specs and preferably add them to your signature. Please be as specific as possible, include motherboard, CPU, memory, GPU, PSU, and all storage and add in cards. How long have you had this system assembled? How is it cooled? Any recent events (electrical storms, moving, anything else unusual)? Any new hardware installed?

What about the Q_LEDs?
Q LEDs (BOOT_DEVICE_LED, VGA_LED, DRAM_LED, CPU_LED)Q LEDs check key components (CPU, DRAM, VGA card, and booting devices) in sequence during motherboard booting process. If an error is found, the corresponding LED remains lit until the problem is solved. This user-friendly design provides an intuitive way to locate the root problem within seconds

You could also try the Safe Boot button on the bottom of the motherboard.

When you say you checked all cables, is this internal or the peripherals plugged into the back of the PC? Make sure your monitor is plugged in. Next step is to try to boot with everything removed except for CPU, motherboard, memory, and GPU. This should get into the BIOS even without storage installed. Try re-seating each of those components, and the respective power cables, one at a time. Also try re-seating all of the power cables in the PSU if a modular PSU is being used. If none of this works you'll really want to fully disassemble the PC and re-assemble again just the bare components on a desk outside of the case.

To start out, please post full system specs and preferably add them to your signature. Please be as specific as possible, include motherboard, CPU, memory, GPU, PSU, and all storage and add in cards. How long have you had this system assembled? How is it cooled? Any recent events (electrical storms, moving, anything else unusual)? Any new hardware installed?

What about the Q_LEDs?

You could also try the Safe Boot button on the bottom of the motherboard.

When you say you checked all cables, is this internal or the peripherals plugged into the back of the PC? Make sure your monitor is plugged in. Next step is to try to boot with everything removed except for CPU, motherboard, memory, and GPU. This should get into the BIOS even without storage installed. Try re-seating each of those components, and the respective power cables, one at a time. Also try re-seating all of the power cables in the PSU if a modular PSU is being used. If none of this works you'll really want to fully disassemble the PC and re-assemble again just the bare components on a desk outside of the case.

So my specs are:
CPU- Intel I9
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Hero
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 TI
PSU: Corsair RM850x

I tried it.... but nothing... it still shows A6

Did you build this system yourself or did someone build it for you? Your spec list is missing quite a few details...(like memory, specific processor model, specific GPU model, storage, cooling etc).

What did you try? Everything I suggested? We can't do much for you without specifics. What does the Q_LED show. Try resetting the CMOS as well.

Back