• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

App to pull battery health?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

So i'm not ready to replace my HP Elitebook 840 G4 yet. Its been pretty good considering i bought it used off lease from some seller on ebay for $250 four or five years ago.
Lately though i've been having some battery strangeness and wanted to check health but HPs own diagnostic software is the equivalent of an idiot light on a car dash from the 70's and 80's just says YEP or NOPE.
no measured capacity, health percentage, hell it doesnt even show me the current state of charge which windows shows as 0 today for some reason but has been on for about 45 minutes.

Does any one know of anything 3rd party that will measure this sort of thing?

i'm trying to figure out if i need to actually replace it or condition the battery with some heavy math and intense discharge cycles.
its not swollen like any other HP OEM battery i've had to deal with

Without firing up my own laptop to double check, I think hwinfo64 reports that in the monitoring mode. But it can only show what's reported. If the battery management system doesn't offer that information, no software will help.

Hwinfo64 reports that as long as it can read the battery information (which it usually does). AIDA64 can also read it.

Here is how hwinfo64 reads the battery in dell at work

hwi.jpg

Last edited:
OK cool i dont know why i didnt think of that before.

Just checked it out and its not much more info, i guess HP either didnt include that in their batteries to monitor or they are using their own way to monitor wear and such

Voltage. I don't think anything can accurately predict life remaining. When voltage drops it's time to make a decision. It's predicting the life time of a power supply.

Back