• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using a nice wireless laptop mouse ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can tell you that you don't want a Logitech M510 (actually more of a desktop wireless mouse) for gaming.

I'm using a Logitech G703 Lightspeed as my gaming/laptop wireless mouse. Comes with a dedicated dongle. Excellent latency and battery life. Only downside is for a time it exhibited the Logitech "single clicks as double-click" problem, although it strangely went away again. Other downside might be it is above budget.

BTW I use it on an armchair, but I put down a fabric mouse mat first so it has a decent surface to sit on. It also works well on a hard mouse may if I'm using it on a desk.

I guess I needed one that works on any surface so that is why I designated it as a laptop mouse. I do have a flexible mouse pad to use on the arm of my chair.

Can I charge both the MSI and Logitech with USB C ? I can't see the port. I have 2 USB C's charge cables at my chair. 1 45W laptop and one PD or phone charger. It is important that it not be USB A.

The Logitech I mentioned comes with an A to semi-custom micro cable. Worst case you can get a C to A adapter for it.

The Logitech I mentioned comes with an A to semi-custom micro cable. Worst case you can get a C to A adapter for it.
I have one right at arms reach but I am trying to get away from anything not USB C...

I am upping my budget , I have $70 available from my Amazon Visa points.

Feels like overkill, but has all the specs at least. 25.6k DPI is a bit insane, lol.

Can't help out too much here.... my keyboard (specifically the "u" key) quit working so I got this $30 wireless k/b and mouse combo. It played golf fine... but was small in my hand for PUBG/FPS. Not for gaming, really.... I'd say the antithesis of what you just posted, even. LOL

Feels like overkill, but has all the specs at least. 25.6k DPI is a bit insane, lol.

Can't help out too much here.... my keyboard (specifically the "u" key) quit working so I got this $30 wireless k/b and mouse combo. It played golf fine... but was small in my hand for PUBG/FPS. Not for gaming, really.... I'd say the antithesis of what you just posted, even. LOL
I use a game controller (PS 4) for golf ....and maybe you folks can tell me, do all mice have the scroll wheel tilt to either side as a function...BG3 specifically uses that for camera movement.

I use a game controller (PS 4) for golf ....and maybe you folks can tell me, do all mice have the scroll wheel tilt to either side as a function...BG3 specifically uses that for camera movement.
I've never owned a mouse that had a tilting wheel.

Not common, I don't believe, but the last couple I had did, including my current (wired tho) Evga X17. My Asus had it (also wired)

Yeah I like that feature on Desktop EVGA X20 and I think it was on my previous Razr...I hated the software for the Razr tho...

The standard G502 doesn't have USB C tho...With the $70 credit I splurged and went with the G502 X Plus Lightspeed...
and got a new flexible pad...Maybe I'll get the Powerpad for wireless charging in the future.

I think I'll be fine plugging it into USB C tho.

The power pad would work better on my desktop though.

A deplorable price....:(

Last edited:
I guess I needed one that works on any surface so that is why I designated it as a laptop mouse. I do have a flexible mouse pad to use on the arm of my chair.

Can I charge both the MSI and Logitech with USB C ? I can't see the port. I have 2 USB C's charge cables at my chair. 1 45W laptop and one PD or phone charger. It is important that it not be USB A.
The newer MSI GM51 uses USB-C. The previous Gen GM41 uses micro-USB.

EDIT: It also comes with a charging base.

The newer MSI GM51 uses USB-C. The previous Gen GM41 uses micro-USB.

EDIT: It also comes with a charging base.
I would have been good with that I never found it in the spec or pic.

This G502 X Plus is indeed my new favorite mouse. It happens to fit my mitt perfectly and the buttons are perfect. The EVGA X20 has nicer lighting but this new one feels better.

I can't recommend it for the price. If someone gave it to you as a gift one wouldn't turn it down.

That IS a pricey mouse, sheesh! Glad you like it!! :attn:
Yeah I was about to return cuz I didn't notice it didn't have Bluetooth.... Yet the little connector plug stores inside the bottom. So it's easy to unplug it and stick it in a different computer.

I understand why they did it I do notice lag in Bluetooth.

The cheap BT keyboard mouse setup I have for the fah computers has held up for years. A lot of lag just in desktop function across 10'. If I changed the battery in 6 years it was only once.

Last edited:
Back