• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone use turtle beach cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

ok i have a creative live poo danger. i'm lookin into better quality sound because i'm hooked up to my home theatre and i hear every little imperfection. i'm a bit of an audiophile as well what with my zapco comp amps a focal speakers in the car.

anyways looking at turtle beach. these cards are speaking to me from what i've read spec wise and after reading about creative falsely advertising what their cards can do it makes me distrust paying the extra cash . (audigy 100+ US santa cruz $70 area)

anyone use these? do they hold your OC back much?

I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, and I highly recommend it. It was a definite improvement over my SBLive Value.

Excellent card...definate improvement over my X-Gamer.

As far as overclocking goes, can't really say. I got it for its compatibility with dual CPU systems and my Asus MPX is only on a 150MHz bus, but it's not holding me back.

thanks. i followed the provided link and startedreading about the new 24/96 format. some of it was giving me a headache but i think i've derived the basic concept of what to look for. thanks. that stuff is alot more advanced than the car audio stuff i'm used to talking about.

The revolution should be coming out any month now:)
They secured VIA as a chip nabufacturer just this week.
And we know how fast via makes chips nowdays.

I bought a turtle beach santa cruz the week it was released 2 years ago when no one heard of it, still one of the best cards right now :cool:
best $50 i've ever spent :cool:

ok i've been reading all abotu the terra-tec cards and i want one. i can't find ANYONE in the states selling them except http://www.digitalaudioworks.com/ and they don't sell the aureon's. i wanted the 7.1. the 6fire is to much money and to much hardware. i just want great sound reproduction i don't plan to record. i don't want the creative audigy platinum or anything from creative.

emericanchaos said:
ok i've been reading all abotu the terra-tec cards and i want one. i can't find ANYONE in the states selling them except http://www.digitalaudioworks.com/ and they don't sell the aureon's. i wanted the 7.1. the 6fire is to much money and to much hardware. i just want great sound reproduction i don't plan to record. i don't want the creative audigy platinum or anything from creative.

there are another 2 sites selling the terratec i found, but i can't remember them now

for a HTPC (home theater PC) the VERY best cards are the M-Audio line of professional grade cards. the Delta 410 being the best. you can get a ton of great analog component out channels from it, I would put good money that its DACs are better than your recievers. Or you can get the DiO line, which is also good. Anyway, M-Audio is the only way to go if you fancy yourself as an audiophile
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer Instructions

Last edited:
Great card, no complaints, and i can run at 170+fsb with no 1/5 divider. (other things hold me back at that point, like ram and harddrive.)

Back