• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else thinking 3060Ti Crypto build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To expand on my neighbor comment. Neighbor to the east of me barely lives there. Neighbor to the South of me abandoned his house a decade ago and his daughter has been maintaining it from over an hour away. Corner lot, so no either neighbors abut my lot.

So..... I don't steal tho.

I put the free electricity so you can decide how to pay for the electricity. Ignore the cost as I am. Subtract cost from monthly earnings. Or subtract cost from proceeds of sale of equipment.

No matter what way you go buying with the intent of reselling and mining having equal value in the equation will garner safe return. If cost of electricity goes up or difficulty goes up and mining becomes unprofitable you can sell equipment immediately for little loss. If cost of electricity and difficulty stays within reason then at end of year you've covered cost of equipment plus can wholesale equipment and cover electricity. Or swap costs around to fit your point of view.

I'm looking at 1 year of mining. Mining proceeds and sale of equipment minus cost to purchase equipment, electricity, fees = net profit.

this just made it worse :D originally we took it as a joke tbh

Gaining a criminal record for stealing some electricity isn't in my life plan. Making jokes about it is.

Gaining a criminal record for stealing some electricity isn't in my life plan. Making jokes about it is.

sounds like a plan :D

btw back to original question .. if you can get the 3060s for 400 .. Id def go for it, send me one while your at it too :D Id build another 5-6 rig at those prices, but ya, expect long term ROI with ups and downs and all the fun

sounds like a plan :D

btw back to original question .. if you can get the 3060s for 400 .. Id def go for it, send me one while your at it too :D Id build another 5-6 rig at those prices, but ya, expect long term ROI with ups and downs and all the fun

I am sure I could if I wanted to spend the money. Right now I am waiting to see what 1st quarter of 2021 will look like.

I spent way too much money on non-necessities in 2020.

How do you get free electricity?
Some apartments and dorms have electricity included in rent, although it's better to call that "fixed rate" since the rent tends to be significantly higher than similar properties that do not include electricity in rent.

Then there's solar and other alternative energy, for those who don't have net metering or have more surplus than they're able to roll over.

Back