• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADSL problem in the TOSHIBA notebook computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

as the title mention I've face a bg problem with one of the TOSHIBA notebook computer cause it always giving problems when it has been hooked to a usb adslo modem. what happens is it works ok at first then uploading speeds getting high incrementley then the internet won't work at all. I've checked with 2 usb modems but still the same problem. I've changed hdd, memory and even the whole pcb unit. I even reinstalled windwows xp with the given recovery cd's and also tried the windows 2000 pro also but no avail. Did anyone faced a simmilar problem like this? BTW the processor is a celeron one whish is the one i didn't changed and checked. Looks like things are pushng me to change that too :burn: But i really can't understand cause i tried the bios upfdates also but this still keeps on happenning. let me know if anyone came across this and found a soultion.

I still couldn't find a celeron procesoor to do he further testing. BTW is this problem faced by anyone with a another machine model with a usb adsl modem? :eh?:

Sounds like either the Toshiba needs a 'better' driver for the usb modem, there's a faulty usb port (rare but always possible), or you need to manually configure your network settings.

My best guesses based on what you posted. [this is assuming you've tested other machines on the same connection and they work fine]

ive never experienced a usb dsl connection, but ive tried with my cable. i couldnt get it to work worth a crap, while the ethernet one worked fine. do you have an option of ethernet? have you used the modem on other comp to see if it does the same thing?

Yep the same modem is working on the same other models ecpect this one. Ok lets thinking the usb are faulty we've replaced the whole PCB also but no avail. We've done bios upgrade and everything and no i didn't check the ethernet adsl but i connect it to the netowrk and through that the newtork and internet works perfectley. Well this is a quite strange problem to me that I'e never experinced. But I'll keep on updating everyone if i get a solution for this.

Back