• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V falls asleep during POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJH

I'm building a new system with the A7V and a Duron 700 MHz CPU. It has 64MB of PC100 RAM, IBM hard drive, Sony CD-ROM and floppy. The power supply is 300 watts. I assembled everything and tried to boot the system. It will run for 4 or 5 second and then goes into sleep or suspend mode. The power LED (not the one on the MB) is blinking. If I hold the power button for a few seconds I can power off the system completely and then restart it. I've tried clearing the CMOS but it didn't help. Sometimes I get the single BEEP of a good POST and sometimes I don't. It won't stay running long enough for me to change anything in the BIOS. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Further experimentation leads me to believe I have a defective power supply. The board works fine with a temporary replacement PSU. The original is on its way back to the vendor.

Back