• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2021 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Code:
REM
REM Example bat file for starting PhoenixMiner.exe to mine ETH
REM

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

REM IMPORTANT: Replace the ETH address with your own ETH wallet address in the -wal option (Rig001 is the name of the rig)
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal [COLOR="#FF0000"]wallet.rigname[/COLOR]
pause

My .bat for Phoenix.

https://ethermine.org/miners/insertwallethere/dashboard

Thanks! Going now. My issue was that I had been using an ENS (Etherium Name Service, like DNS address: username.argent.xyz) instead of the actual address. Now I'm up and running, hopefully it's worth some spare change.

Thanks for all of the assistance!

OK, needed to make room so I threw the 570 rig in the garage. Just gonna let it work for a bit.

So, this morning I was looking for a 3060Ti. Newegg had a drop of cards on eBay of all places but didn't get one. Power went out from 3:30-6:00PM and I found out Newegg had a drop at 4:30PM my time. Total bummer.

Bought 17,003 DogeCoin. Not sure if it was a smart move or not. Time will tell. I look at it like $147 I'll never see again. I am already up $.64

I've been looking at a few to buy as well. Dogecoin was one of them. I would like the price to drop a bit more though first.

cant advise, not a financial adviser as the disclaimer goes :)) but be careful with doge, it only goes up on hype, it has no real use-case
look at cardano (ada), big fuss around it + good use case if they can manage to snag a piece from eth (smart contracts)
eth always, if price dips again
eos may recover if the new cto does a better job
uni may have a good future since uniswap is gaining popularity

again just my thoughts, take with tons of salt plz

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

btw be weary of tomorrow, tomorrow bitfinex and tether must submit documents in the lawsuit against them, if they dont or the docs are bad, I dont even know what could happen, funny thing is it can swing both ways, but its still something to watch for, they are accused of printing tether like it was paper money without any backing ..

Thanks for the heads up.

My hope is to build a portfolio again. The goal would be to have a few volatile coins that I could exchange on the major up and down spikes along with a few more stable coins that have more long term value. The coins I've been looking at are as follows but please feel free to make suggestions. I may not follow all the suggestions, but I will certainly consider them all.

Bitcoin-BTC (Obviously)
Ethereum-ETC
XRP-XRP
Litecoin-LTC
Ampleforth-AMPL
Monero-XMR
Dogecoin-DOGE

Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions.

Thanks for the heads up.

My hope is to build a portfolio again. The goal would be to have a few volatile coins that I could exchange on the major up and down spikes along with a few more stable coins that have more long term value. The coins I've been looking at are as follows but please feel free to make suggestions. I may not follow all the suggestions, but I will certainly consider them all.

Bitcoin-BTC (Obviously)
Ethereum-ETC
XRP-XRP
Litecoin-LTC
Ampleforth-AMPL
Monero-XMR
Dogecoin-DOGE

Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions.

again, just my opinion :)

btc & eth & ltc are most stable and go together, esp btc & ltc
xrp is risky, SEC suit for printing money .. its not a real crypto you know right ? :) its centrally issued with no backing or nada
ampl dont know
xmr , good ol vendeta, it had a drop due to some de-listings (again regulations), but it recovered, no thoughts on future from my side though
doge I told you my opinion, watch twitter for fundamentals :)) last time it jumped because a pron star said she has some :D I mean its silly

I've been looking at a few to buy as well. Dogecoin was one of them. I would like the price to drop a bit more though first.

My investment in purchase of Doge is purely for entertainment.

I would definitely be careful of FOMO investing right now. We could be on the downhill side of a pump and dump.

Has anyone had dealings with Binance? Are they good/bad/ugly? All of my experience has been with Coinbase and MCXNow. So it's been a while.

Binance seems to trade a good portion of the coins I'm looking at.

Has anyone had dealings with Binance? Are they good/bad/ugly? All of my experience has been with Coinbase and MCXNow. So it's been a while.

Binance seems to trade a good portion of the coins I'm looking at.

nr1 or nearso exchange by volume, its quite solid
i do have an account, but never really traded with it there so I cant comment too much, but Im assuming all about the same, you could compare fees, but thats worth when you trade like crazy imo :))

Purchased 2 server 750w HP PSUs. Bought them off Parallel Miner, so no clue when they arrive.

Got my first payout from Ethermine today. I don't think I've been this excited about $23 since I was a kid lol. Anyway I chose Argent as a wallet because it has built in exchanges, intending to just cash out right away. However it looks like I still need to use something like Gemini or Coinbase to do that. That said it looks like there are some interesting investment opportunities on the app via Aave, compound, etc. For example I can convert my ETH to USDT and then receive 12% interest from compound or 18% interest from Aave for letting them use (presumably lend) my currency. What's the catch?

Got my first payout from Ethermine today. I don't think I've been this excited about $23 since I was a kid lol. Anyway I chose Argent as a wallet because it has built in exchanges, intending to just cash out right away. However it looks like I still need to use something like Gemini or Coinbase to do that. That said it looks like there are some interesting investment opportunities on the app via Aave, compound, etc. For example I can convert my ETH to USDT and then receive 12% interest from compound or 18% interest from Aave for letting them use (presumably lend) my currency. What's the catch?

haha, ya its fun :))

dont know that particular wallet, but in my experience direct wallet trading is always expensive on the fee side .. far more than exchanges
much better to mine to an opensource wallet where you control your priv keys or directly to a trusted exchange if you intend to cash out monthly

Purchased 2 server 750w HP PSUs. Bought them off Parallel Miner, so no clue when they arrive.

I'm running two of those, had great experience with them so far. In my experience, Parallel Miner shipping is pretty quick.

haha, ya its fun :))

dont know that particular wallet, but in my experience direct wallet trading is always expensive on the fee side .. far more than exchanges
much better to mine to an opensource wallet where you control your priv keys or directly to a trusted exchange if you intend to cash out monthly

So argent is "non-custodial" it works primarily via one device and biometrics, but can be recovered to a different device with an email and passcode. You can also use friends to help you recover if you forget the passcode but I don't know anyone else who uses argent.

The fee for argent I believe is pretty competitive
The exchange fee is a transparent 0.5%.

This is split between Argent and Paraswap, the decentralized exchange aggregator that enables the service. (Out of the 0.5% fee, Argent takes 85% and Paraswap takes 15%).

Even with the fee the rates should still be better than in our previous exchange due to the routing optimization.

There is also a network fee (gas), which is variable. Argent does NOT profit from the network fee; it goes to parties processing the Ethereum network. For more information on this please read our network fee policy.

I think the reason so much interest is available in stable coins (like SUSD that just track the USD price) is that it allows people to take a loan backed by eth and they can still be exposed to the growth of eth. Not sure what they do with the stable coin yet. So the risk/benefit of backing said loans is that the growth of eth will be less or more than the interest rate for the loan you're backing.

Yeah I initially planned to cash out, and I might still do so, but now I think I might stay in and play for a bit.

EDIT: the other risk is the variable interest and not making up the fees/gas used to exchange. For example to turn my $23 into sUSD it will cost about $2. At 18% APY it wouldn't take long to make that back, but the interest rate for sUSD on Aave V2 has fallen from 18% to 2.34% today. On the other hand, on Aave (not 2.0) the rate has skyrocketed to 48.85% for the same coin. So obviously even if the interest is compounded every 2 minutes, there is a good chance to take a loss if your rate plummets and you fall behind the growth of eth, so before jumping into this I should probably find something more stable. For example USDT has stayed at 13% apy on Compound. At 13% however, it would still take 6 months to make back the fees of switching currencies (unless of course I'm misunderstanding how this is compounded and standard APY calculators are useless).

Last edited:
I'm running two of those, had great experience with them so far. In my experience, Parallel Miner shipping is pretty quick.
I have a tracking number but not shipped yet. I am going by their previous track record when I did a quick google search (apparently they had a cable shortage holding them up in the past), that their eBay store says they are will not ship until the 31st (I bought of their site tho) and the current demand for mining supplies.

I have a tracking number but not shipped yet. I am going by their previous track record when I did a quick google search (apparently they had a cable shortage holding them up in the past), that their eBay store says they are will not ship until the 31st (I bought of their site tho) and the current demand for mining supplies.

Any update on your order? I just bought another PSU from them over the weekend, hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship.

Back