• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Xenforo Migration - December 20th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Good Evening Everyone and Happy Holidays!

In just a few days, we will make the switch to Xenforo as mentioned a few months ago in this thread. The migration is officially scheduled for Monday, December 20th. The exact time is TBD, but likely early morning EST. We will likely be down for a couple of hours, any long-term delays or setbacks will be communicated via our front-page news.

We stood up a test site where we have been carefully testing the migration for a few months. There will likely be some minor issues post-launch, but things are looking good for the most part. We are not losing any key functionality (if we do, please let me know!) and will gain a lot of speed and new features.

After the migration is completed I will be working on a series of threads detailing some of the new features/functionality and how to use it, as well as a bug tracker thread for prompt attention to any issues found.

Thanks,
Austin

Looking forward to the new site. Not going to lie, I'm going to miss the old/original site. It's like living in my very first house, then having it torn down to build a new house.

Thanks for all your hard work Austin! Keeps fingers crossed for a seamless and trouble free transition ;)

Looking forward to the new site. Not going to lie, I'm going to miss the old/original site. It's like living in my very first house, then having it torn down to build a new house.

Thanks for all your hard work Austin! Keeps fingers crossed for a seamless and trouble free transition ;)

Thanks, Neb! And appreciate the well wishes. We've engaged a professional for the bulk of the migration workload and XF expertise. To be fair, though, this is a far cry from the old/original site.
To my knowledge, it was built on vB1, with our longest stint being on vB3 until the migration to vB4 in the early 2010s where it ended on a more bloated theme and 4.2.2 for quite a few years until we updated to 4.2.5 after myself, mdcomp, and Earthdog took the site over.

Expect to see the forum come down for migration in two hours or so.

So where are the "Classifieds"?

Is there some way to reduce the type size?

So where are the "Classifieds"?

Is there some way to reduce the type size?
Working on the permissions now, we have that covered in the bug tracker thread.

Font size is where it is because of search engines, going smaller will knock us down in search results.

I just want to take a second and thank everyone working behind the scenes making this happen. I know there are several working on this and I want you to know we appreciate your hard work and late hours.

The rest of us need to remember to remain patient as this may take some time to get all the bugs worked out. Also, instead of resisting the change we should try and embrace the updated look and feature set.

I just want to take a second and thank everyone working behind the scenes making this happen. I know there are several working on this and I want you to know we appreciate your hard work and late hours.

The rest of us need to remember to remain patient as this may take some time to get all the bugs worked out. Also, instead of resisting the change we should try and embrace the updated look and feature set.
Thanks for the kind words John, really appreciate it. I think my night ended at 2AM last night, speaking of late hours.

Thank you for your efforts here. :)

Now I got to find my way around again. lol
Thanks Scott! Hopefully it isn't too much of a learning curveb for you. We did a lot of work to make the theme as similar to our vB theme as possible, just with a lot better usability, new features, and better performance.

Is there a way to post a poll?
When creating a thread, you should have a selection below Thread Title to change the thread to a poll instead of a discussion or question. Below the first post content, you can add the question, responses, etc. If there's a thread that needs to have a poll added, let myself or one of the mods/admins know by either tagging us or reporting the post.

Back