• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the greatist LAN Party case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenring7

Registered
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good lan party case.

Do any of you have any good suggestions for good and/or cheap lan party cases?

Links to manufactures would be nice.

Looking for either ATX or microATX.

-Robert

one type you might want to consider is a non-server sized aluminum case due to how light they are, though this doesn't fit the form if you're looking for something cheap. i have a lian-li pc60, and i love the "weight factor". good luck :)

if you want something light go with aluminum but if you want to mod the hell out of it get some kind of mid/full tower case

I like my alien ($70) case but I know there isnt alot of places that sell thim

If you want a cool looking case you can have no better starting point than a clear perspex case as this will show your hardware better than most modified case's. However if you want a great quality traditional case I would look suggest a look at Lian-Li products

Verrrrrrrrrry slick.

Is there a problem with RF signals with these cases? I would think this could be an issue.

Kid

All of those look very cool, but they all cost over $150.

I am a college student (read: poor) so any ideas? Just for the record, I'm looking for a small case (good air flow is a plus though), light and cheap.

The light part is not all that important, but the small and cheap parts are.

-Robert

Here you go I own two of these, they are awesome cases. They will fit even dually socket system's as well as slot based processor's. This site has it on Clearance for 40$ with a 250 Watt Powerman Supply.

http://www.kdcomputers.com/exec/productProfile?id=23

Check it out there, they are awesome guys reasonably priced as well. I am going to be modding mine with two windows, el wire, neon and some other goodies, plenty good for a lan rig. :cool:

Otherwise check out some sites like Inwin, Antec, and etc... Find a case you like then go to;

http://www.pricewatch.com/

Look for it in a search there, or you can search cases by manufacturer there as well.

Hope that helps!

J

the sx1240 isn't a lan case! I weigh 220 and that thing is a monster to carry around. I modded an enlight 7327 with handles and a bigger fan on the back 92 with top 120 exhaust and a window with a cold cathode. all can be had for about 100 bucks! go luck and add a switch to the inside so you can add to the size of the lan.

With the exception of the I/O shield and the eigth expansion slot, the old AT format is similare to ATX, right?

I have a spare ATX sheild sitting here, if I take the case to a friends place, do you think I could add the I/O shield in at the appropriate place? Or would I have to mod the motherboard seating too? The old AT case I have in the closet is a large AT mid tower. The mobo tray is not removable, but it has clearance from the drive bays and the power supply is located over the mobo mounting area.

-Bob

SpeeDj said:
Here you go I own two of these, they are awesome cases. They will fit even dually socket system's as well as slot based processor's. This site has it on Clearance for 40$ with a 250 Watt Powerman Supply.

Don't you find the top and sides being all one piece a pain in the *** when you want to change something or you're playing with something new? I have one as well, I just find it annoying taking the cover off. The S500 however, has individually removeable side panels. In retrospect, I shoulda gotten the S500.
"Hindsight is always 20/20" as the saying goes...

I don't mind it at all, I have several Q500's as well with the removable side panels. I don't mind the all in one makes it nice when I need to get at the other side to put in or remove some drives. Just my thoughts on that.

J

Back