• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the forums slyfury! :)

If you think you might want to fold with your unused CPU cycles, drop into this thread and ask how to get started... Or just wait until you receive a PM in the next week or so and someone will PM you offering help.

Hey, I'm David. I'm a junior in high school, and a wanabee computer nerd.

Great to be here, everyone is really friendly.

Hi folks..

Im not new, but this is prolly the first time Ive introduced myself. I am a practicing modder who would like to mod hardcore, and has the talents to, but lacks the time. My name is Luke, and I live in Minnesota, and work as a security guard. Im 27, and still single - due to the fact that I live in a very small town and the dating choices are so limited. I just managed to hit 3.5 with my fairly new main system running a 2.8c ht m0 stepping, and an Abit IC7-Max3. Runs 250 FSB 5:4 quite stable. I am building a spare system with my old 2.4c ht and a crap Intel D865GBF mobo. Might make a good gaming system - Im dropping in a spare 9700 pro I have, running a 9800XT in my main. My biggest mod so far was putting a 2400+ AMD system into a small suitcase made out of baltic birch, lined with black aluminum inserts. Its stained with a light satin finish, just enough to bring out the grain. Project Baltic theres the link. Anyhow, I have always appreciated the way everyone treats others with respect and positive criticism here. Kudos.

No, my name is not Sjaak ;)

I'm from holland. Got into overclocking about 2 years back, have been visiting the overclockers site for 1.5 and the forums for about 6 months. Had some problems registering in the beginning, but now im really up and running.

My best overclocking results are to be found here and here The first one won me a 100 $ in march last year, i really enjoyed that :)

You can find me around in the CPU / Motherboard / Memory and Games sections, but whenever ive been busy again, cooling and casemodding too. I like to help people - so that they might help somebody else eventually. Please don't knock me down because of my english - its not my native language, and especially with complex phrases and words i am still having troubles. (go ask [BBE]Jimbob :p)

See you all around, have fun, and always try to enjoy, no matter how long you stay, no matter where.

Tim

Last edited:
Hi My name is LOKS.....(HI LOKS). i am a computerholic. i love everything about them. I am currently a Mortgage Broker in MIAMI FL working for a Hospital based Billing Company. i am married and have a beautiful wife. im new at overclocking but i am great with everything else. I got the name LOKS from friends in HIGH SCHOOL when i used to do GRAFFITI!!! I stopped TAGGING and started making money. i will upload pics of my PC when i get the CHANCE. I am currently going to REAL ESTATE School to become a REALTOR. My wife is a REALTOR. If any of you come to MIAMI and need a house email me. its posted in my profile.

Well I have been putting this off way too long so here it goes. My name is Jeremy Phillips and I am a senior at Saint John's University in Collegeville MN. (Yes D3 National football champs in 03-04.) I actually haven't been into computers all that long, but since I have been, it has been rather intense. I got into it my freshman year at college because I love to make this go faster. I have a 2000 mustang, which I will post in the car portion soon, which I love to tinker with, but because parts for cars are so much money, I got into computers instead. I got the name drop-top in high school because I was the only one with a convertible in MN, and it really stuck in college when I first starting playing CS on the lan at school and it was my handle. My buddy Andy (WheaT) and I OC together as a full-time hobby now. I just built my second comp to Fold and to be a server on the LAN next year at school for WC3. I love everything about this forum; the people, the knowledge, and most of all, the escape from homework. (You all know what I am talking about.)

Thats me in a nut shell.

Fold fast, love life, and live OC'ed.

Drop-Top

Well hes not lying ;). My name is Andy Olsen, most call me WheaT, or in drop tops case wheatdog. I have been into computers ever since I was hurt. I broke my back in a snowboarding accident my senior year in high school, and ever since the summer after i have been into computers. Its kind of funny because I went from a 3 sport high school athlete to a complete computer nerd ;). Not that its bad, just a drastic change in a quick period of time.
The first system i built myself was a watercooled system. It came after about 2 months of research, and waiting for an intel proc with the 800 fsb to come out. Lately I have been getting more and more into the forums and the wealth of knowledge this place provides. Im just trying to soak it all up and pump as much juice from my system . You have to understand, and drop-top will confirm this that I live my life in slow mo, but not when im on my computer ;). If you see me on say hi to the handicapped kid.

P.S. I can park in handicapped spots. Makes you jealous doesnt it ;).

WheaT

Hi handicapped kid. Good to have you two buddies around, I love this place. :)

BTW, report directly to the folding forum if you haven't already rescued your wasted CPU cycles. ;) Nice rig. :D

Hi, my name is Jason. I like long walks on the beach and candle-light dinners.

Ok seriously, my name IS Jason, and I like computers. I'm 24 and I'm a QA Analyst for a company that develops software for CPA firms and financial planners. I test accounting software.

I started a little late, as I built my first PC a little over a year ago at the ripe old age of 23.

hello my name is ivan and i'm an alcoholic...oh sorry wrong intro!
anyway, nice to be back,been gone for a while due to computer problems.
feels good to be back!

Hi my name is josh Huckeby, I live in Butte Montana and I am 17 years old. My job is being a lifeguard, which means I will one day have enough money to build a SMP comp but it won't be anytime soon. Given the chance I will drive you nuts. I also am an nvdiot just ask me I might drive you nuts.

I got into computers hardcore about a year ago, It started with a want for a comp to use for playing mp3s on my stereo. So my dad gave me an impression mobo(still one of my favorites ever) a cyrix 686 233 that went to 266 as well as not frying itself when accidently run without HS for an hour. 48megs EDO ram, an s3 virge and a 6 gig Wd HD. Trying a new case with it I fried that mobo sniff. So my dad brought me home a celery 300, with a pc chips mobo(hated it beyond hate) that was suppesdly bad and 32 megs pc100. So I ran that for a month and one of my dads friend gave me the p3 system in my sig except the GF2U. I ran that for about 5months and I am now about to get my xp-m or a64(please let deal be real please). So that is my real comp and oc exeperiances.
I found overclockers.com about 8 months ago but didn't join the Forums until may. If you wan't to know crazy stuff about pools and swimming ask me and I will find out.

Sjaak your articles are one of the things to get into o/c very hard core. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Hi.

I'm daba, or you may call me David. I'm a full-time undergraduate at UC Berkeley's College of Engineering. Naturally, I spent too much time on the computer, tinkering with hardware, and other hedonistic activities where I should be studying and working towards a solid future so I can fulfill my dream to become a hedonist (like the hedonist-bot in Futurama!).

Regardless, I like these forums and the enthusiastic welcomes that come about. Looking forward to a good stay here!

Hey, im Dre I am still in high school, one more year left in this hell. Then off to college to do some buisness stuff. Always been into computers, neworking, and repairs. I think i spend more time here then studing, so much for college.

Oh my an introduction thread!

My name is Jon. I'm from Canada's favorite frigid northern territory. I live within 400 km of polarbears and the arctic ocean. I'm taking Civil Engineering at the University of Alberta and hope to complete that and begin on an aeronautical engineering degree in a year and a half on the east coast or in the US.
I love hockey, soccer, paintball and any other water sport you can name. I game like a maniac and somehow 3 or 4 years ago this lead to overclocking and I've been around ever since.

PS: If you send me $10.00 + $1.00 S&H I'll send you some fresh snow in june. ;)

im Phil hence philip1193 im in the UK at coll doing comp programming and ICT. I have two things in common with every one on here "all your mates ask you to fix thier comps" and "often go on your compter than do what you are ment to b doing" lol

Phil

edit *hope it now makes sense* :D

Last edited:
Welcome Phil! :)

Could I ask, is your keyboard broken, or did you sneak into college? LOL

That may just be one of the hardest posts to read and understand that I have ever seen! I thought we Americans were the ones bent on the deconstruction of the English language! :D

lol neither of the above lol i just type too quick and often type quicker than my brain can read the keys and process it and tell my hand where to go lol, but ill edit it in a min to make more sense so sorry

Phil

Back