• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMbios/DMI information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

I found out that my SMbios/DMI information may be inaccuate, at least, that is what "SiSoft Sandra" says. well, how do i correct them? i have tried flash my bios twice, but nothing seen to help! by the way, i know that one can clear their DMI information as they flash the bios, but i just don't know how to do it...i read the manual and documents downloaded from the Abit..(my board is an abit wb6), but they proved too much for me to handle. any help is greatly appricated

I think the "maybe" is a big factor here. My old MoBo used to show the same results, as does the new one. Have updated BIOS and still the same result, BIOS's have both been different. Perhaps there is a newer version of Sandra:)

In my experience, Sandra reports that for every motherboard known to man. I've got 6 running and 3 others I have had Sandra on and they all have reported that.

I would pay no mind to it...

Jon said:
In my experience, Sandra reports that for every motherboard known to man. I've got 6 running and 3 others I have had Sandra on and they all have reported that.

I would pay no mind to it...

But i am experiencing pic destortion occasionally.....and since my video chip is buildin, i do think there is something wrong about my mobos. by the way, my cpu is not oced, so cannot blame it for that matter.

If you are experiencing difficulties with your video card. Start with the video card, have you tried updating the divers? Try installing the latest version of DirectX. Check your AGP settings in the BIOS, your card may not support 4X or Fast Writes.
Without specific information about your system and operating system, it's hard to offer specific help. Since it is a video card/display problem. You might want to post in the Video and Sound Card section. Try to give as much information as possible regarding your System and other related equipment/software:)

Back