• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Recommended Cases of OCF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Enthoo Evolv ITX Added. That's a pretty awesome looking case I might add.

One of the best helpful posts I've seen in a while with the limited amount of time I take visiting this site. I just built a new Skylake budget build and would've had an even harder time deciding what case to choose if I would've came across this post beforehand. However I noticed that there is no section for Micro-ATX cases. Just to note, I purchased the Corsair Carbide Series® 88R MicroATX Mid-Tower Case which is a helluva good case if I might add. This post should be a sticky if it isn't already...

One of the best helpful posts I've seen in a while with the limited amount of time I take visiting this site. I just built a new Skylake budget build and would've had an even harder time deciding what case to choose if I would've came across this post beforehand. However I noticed that there is no section for Micro-ATX cases. Just to note, I purchased the Corsair Carbide Series® 88R MicroATX Mid-Tower Case which is a helluva good case if I might add. This post should be a sticky if it isn't already...

Thank you Urbanman. There is a mid tower case section and each case lists which MoBo is supported. There was some discussion early on as to how to group the cases and the decision was made to categorize the sections based on style.

I'll look into the 88R and if I find some good reviews on it I'll certainly add it to the list.

Thanks for the feedback.

It is. Its actually at the top. :p
O ok,just checking.

Thank you Urbanman. There is a mid tower case section and each case lists which MoBo is supported. There was some discussion early on as to how to group the cases and the decision was made to categorize the sections based on style.

I'll look into the 88R and if I find some good reviews on it I'll certainly add it to the list.

Thanks for the feedback.

O ok I see what u mean and ur very welcome. The 88R reminds me of miniature version of the Fractal Design Define R4 which is what made me decide on it... I dont care for flashy design and in this case it has minimalistic cosmetic appearance but is very functional.

Last edited:
Sadly corsair has been slacking on sending out review samples lately. I can't seem to find a decent review of the Carbide 88R anywhere. I've asked our Admin's to contact Corsair on a few occasions for review samples and the response has generally been, well, there haven't been any to my knowledge. I can only hope that Corsair doesn't think they're to large of a company to need their products reviewed. At any rate I've really enjoyed all of their products I've used and will list their website where I normally link the review this time. Hopefully we can get some response from them so we can increase our list to incorporate more of their products.

Sadly corsair has been slacking on sending out review samples lately. I can't seem to find a decent review of the Carbide 88R anywhere. I've asked our Admin's to contact Corsair on a few occasions for review samples and the response has generally been, well, there haven't been any to my knowledge. I can only hope that Corsair doesn't think they're to large of a company to need their products reviewed. At any rate I've really enjoyed all of their products I've used and will list their website where I normally link the review this time. Hopefully we can get some response from them so we can increase our list to incorporate more of their products.

Thanks man... I would offer to do a review of the 88R myself however I lack the camera equipment and 'infomercial' spunk to point out features what a viewer wants to know

Corsair Carbide 88R added.

Urbanman2004, can you clarify if the HDD cage can hold 2x 3.5 and 2x 2.5 or is it one or the other. Also if you could take some measurements for us it would really help.

[*]Measurement between back of motherboard tray and side panel (wire routing clearance)

[*]If the HDD cage is removable(?) max GPU length w/o the cage. (May not be removable as this is an entry level case)

To answer ur question: only one HDD cage is included which houses 2x 3.5 HDD... However, there's an area on the back of the motherboard tray towards the front end of the chassis that recedes 1 7/8 inches away from the side panel where u can screw (2) 2.5 HDD/SDD... I however like using the drive cage so I opted to buying an adapter to house 2x 2.5 HDD/SDD with an additional 3.5 HDD in the cage. Wire routing clearance-wise I'd say there's a little more than half an inch from the motherboard tray to the side panel being that the side panel protrudes outward and not at a flush level like normal. The HDD cage is removable and reversible; I have my cables facing towards the window instead of the back which was by default. The GPU size isnt a factor since the HDD cage is directly below any available GPU space. Just to give u an idea of what I'm saying, the HDD cage is the same height as my PSU. Theres an option for mounting (2) 120mm fans (up and down) or 240 mm radiator in the front of the case, but without either of them ur looking at a/b 16 1/2 inches... My GPU is 10 inches long.

Ur welcome.. I noticed under the "88R" product description on the front page it says "2x 120mm(fans only)" which is not the case... I have my 240mm radiator sitting at the top with an optical drive... The thing I had to keep in mind for it to work out is I had to remove the 120mm rear fan included w/ the chassis and install the 8-pin CPU power cable and RAM sticks first... The optical drive sets in flush right after that.
S/N: I know the cable management isn't that clean but it works

View attachment 176608

Last edited:
For posterity's sake, urbanman, what model ODD and AIO are you using?
Also, could you host the pictures locally to OCF please?

Thanks urban. I will update the front page with a disclaimer.

That cable management would drive me nuts. I literally wouldn't be able to sleep if my rig was like that lmao.

Back