• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radio shack fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As tempting as it is to go to R.S. for that quick-turn / immediate gratification, you can do a lot better ordering them from the plethora of vendors on the Web. Sometimes, if there is an Industrial Electronics Surplus / Recycle store in your vicinity, you can get some fantastic bargains on both new and pulled fans. If you go browsing at one, remember to take a small gell-cell 12V battery and a couple of alligator clip leads with you to test the used ones before you spend your money.

73, Hoot

I agree. Go to Radio Shack and get a generic, low output 80mm for about $15 or get a dependable high output 80mm online for about $8 shipped.

Only thing I ever go to RS for is transistors and such...usually only have to go once for those as I get multi-packs if available. That's about the only time you get a decent deal from them.

Bye Bye RS, you guys talked me into it, I'll never set foot in a radioshack again, but I used to have so much fun there.

Back