• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockers' Rig-o'-the-Month - September, 2012 ***VOTE NOW***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which rig is your favorite out of the seven linked in the OP?

• Post #2 - hokiealumnus' Rhapsody in Red

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Post #5 - adamelmore's Dual HD7970 DirectCU II Beast

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Post #11 - timesavage's SLI'ed CM Storm

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Post #18 - Ajay57's Dual-Monitor Sandy Bridge Rig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post #21 - verbatim's MAME Custom Arcade Machine

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Post #28 - nickCR's Thermaltake Setup

• Post #37 - M0phin3's HAF912 Advanced Rig

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting will need to start on this soon. Please bear with me, it'll be sometime this week.

Sounds like some folks have no chance when you say it like that Poleposition.

My vote won't be based on how much someone spends, and everyone stands a chance to win, including you.

Well thanks a lot for that its nice to here.

Poll added, please vote for your favorite system for RoTM - September, 2012!

If you have an entry, do NOT post it, your images will be removed. Entry is closed for this month. Never fear, you'll be able to post next month though. :salute:

i think when i voted i broke the website :( im sorry lol i couldnt refresh right after i voted

adamelmore for the sheer awesomeness gets my vote.

Then the MOVE arcade machine, very cool.

Then Hokies very nice, neat, well done watercooling system.

Money don't matter, but a Toyota Camry next to a $120,000 BMW, which one will I like better?

Another vote for Adamelmore. It's one thing to drop a bank on a new build but I've seen some that cost as much or more but don't look as clean. Very understated styling with the LED strip and white fans and very clean with the cables all properly dressed and routed. Nicely done. I also love the arcade game rig. If I had back all the time I spent in front of one those things in high school I'd be a young man again. All very nice rigs but I can only vote once.

Mike

Women! Am I right? Huh?

No really, my wife of 28 years isn't a neat freak. My PC desk is much messier than my desk at work.

But, when it comes time to present your shiny stuff, you clean it.

Like the PC I just built, I 'had' to buy PSU cable extenders of uber quality, because if I don't, all the dogs here will bark at such a messy rig from me.

It's pretty, wire management took way too long.

Like the 4 hours to make the PC desk pretty when the pic takes 3 seconds to take.

I getcha tho, I do.

and i just spent time cleaning up the cables in two of my rigs and then i have to find this....
it's back to the drawing room for me, they all look so awesome!!!!!

Wow, i hate to sound like a cheerleader.. But everyone of you should be proud of what you have built. Just amazing.

noob here.
what does adamelmore see? a single image spread across all those screens or eight copys of the same scene or just what can he do with that??????

noob here.
what does adamelmore see? a single image spread across all those screens or eight copys of the same scene or just what can he do with that??????

There are three options. You could have it repeat the same image on all of the screens, you could use each screen as a separate "window" (for different applications in each window) or you could run it in Eyefinity, which extends the desktop to all eight monitors.

For gaming across all monitors (which isn't practical on eight monitors b/c of the bezels; it's more common with three-monitor setups), you have to use Eyefinity. For productivity I usually extend the desktop to my displays (I've only got three though, not eight) so I can have three windows open independently. This is what my desktop looks like when writing a review with just two monitors. I've added a third for Eyefinity testing now so the windows aren't as overlapping.

Eyefinity is a pain for productivity because if you maximize something, it goes to all of the displays. If you just extend the desktop, when you maximize something, it just maximizes to the display on which the window sits. That itself is a pain because if you want to game, you have to re-enable Eyefinity.

Anyway, now you know.

Same here Hokie one screen with my work on the other with all my Temps and monitor programs or video's to listen to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back