• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED One more Skylake-X ITX build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today I try to finish ITX Skylake-X build. Most of these components were used in other builds, were review samples or I simply keep them for some time and don't really want to sell. It will be probably my brother's PC soon but have to finish it.

General specs:
- i9-7900X - capable of 4.7GHz but I guess in this small build it won't run high because this CPU generated a lot of heat
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac
- 32GB DDR4-2666 Crucial SODIMM ( capable of 4000 stable )
- EVGA GTX1070 FE
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX
- Enermax Platimax D.F. 750W 80+ Plat.
- 240GB Patriot Hellfire NVMe SSD + 480GB Crucial BX300 SSD ( there are 2 more M.2 sockets free so maybe will be some more drives in some time )

Custom water cooling - most from Alphacool:
- Eisblock Nylon Clear
- NexXxos GPX for GTX1070
- NexXxos 280mm copper radiator
- AquaTuning UV-Crystal blue coolant
- Aurora UV hardtube LED rings - somehow they fit perfectly on flexible tubes :)
- XSPC pump/rad, just because I couldn't find anything that won't interfere with other components and cables and wouldn't be too high cost

I will try to add some more photos in time.

ed21.jpg

I just did the same thing... same cpu, mobo, ram, and case, in fact. But used an amd 6950 for gpu, and a 600w silverstone that were both laying around. I hvae the cpu at 4.5 ghz with no ht under 120mm aio. :)

Looks good Woomack, got the temps under control now?

Looks good Woomack, got the temps under control now?

Have to test it. So far I know it glows nice :) ... installed OS and will run tests later today.

I just did the same thing... same cpu, mobo, ram, and case, in fact. But used an amd 6950 for gpu, and a 600w silverstone that were both laying around. I hvae the cpu at 4.5 ghz with no ht under 120mm aio. :)

I had big problems with 7900X on Corsair H80i AIO. It was working fine out of the case but once I installed it in Phanteks Shift ITX then temps inside were about 50°C on mobo sensors and CPU in idle had above 40°C. It was with GF1030. I don't even want to think what would be with stronger gfx card.
Phanteks Enthoo ITX was painted about half year ago and I already scratched it so have to correct that. Gunmetal gray + "diamond" effect :p

Edit:
[email protected] 1.07V, VCCIN 1.5V, RAM@2666 - 1h Prime95 and max on the CPU is ~68°C, open case ambient temp 22°C

Edit2:
[email protected] 1.17V, VCCIN 1.5V, RAM@3000 - 1h AIDA64 (on this chip temps are about the same as in Prime95), CPU ~82°C max, open case ambient temp 22°C

Last edited:
Painting looks like this but depends on the light it's darker or brighter. Hard to catch how it exactly looks. It's dark gray + diamond effect.
X299ITXmod1.jpg

Photos a bit from the wrong side ... I will add others later :)

X299ITXmod2.jpg

View attachment 199683

X299ITXmod7.jpg

X299ITXmod4.jpg

X299ITXmod5.jpg

Fluorescent power button. No idea why I did it :)

X299ITXmod6.jpg

Last edited:
My brother is not complaining ;) PC runs really quiet. I wasn't expecting that as I had really bad experience with this CPU in 2 other ITX cases. Actually this Phanteks was a bit weird. It's available in black or white ... but mine was mixed. Back, bottom and top were white, interior was black.
I also wanted to use some components which were laying around for longer. Now at least all is in use and I hope it will run without issues for a long time.

Back