• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Impromptu Benching Party Streaming Live

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it was a great weekend and a pleasure to meet you guys. Thanks again to IMOG for hosting. I learned a bunch watching Hokie fail and definitely caught the cold bug. Late night is definitely hazy but i also remember a couple gems. Glad ghost_recon88 and Enablingwolf made it out.

It was definitely a lot of fun meeting you guys and trying to beat the crap out of that 1100T. Sorry the chip was such a failure; would have been nice to have something to brag about when we got done! I hear IMOG had some good successes with the 1090T after I went to sleep though.

All of these guys are top notch. I knew it going into this, but meeting you all in person just drove the point home. Big thanks to ghost_recon88 for double-checking my insulation and making sure I didn't do anything stupid. LN2 really is a different ballgame from DICE, crappy chip notwithstanding.

Thankfully the frost king plus a little eraser and dielectric grease made for a solid combination. Even after thawing the pot and swapping CPUs we didn't have moisture problems.

What was cool. We seemed to all mesh and fall into a role as it was needed.

Sober and cherry picked parts... It would of been record breaking time. :D Cherry picked parts, being the important thing here.

Yes, that's very true; and as who seemed to be the most sober, you made an excellent torch man!

Yes, that's very true; and as who seemed to be the most sober, you made an excellent torch man!

LOL I was very tipsy! It was my age and experience drinking, that made me appear less drunk. non-withstanding almost setting the basement lid on fire.

We all worked as a team and sort of did what what was needed as we seen it happen. Even if we were tipsy. That is teamwork at its finest.

Oh, and IMOG's gal was totally awesome as was his neighbors. We were having a really good time and the dB was not low for the time frames.

yeah there was no way i should have had extremely cold or extremely hot things in my hands.

mdcomp and ghost seemed less ethanol infused than I. Beer powered Enablingwolf was running on experience. The Gentleman Jack toast, toasted me.

:D

My wife told me about when I did something in the pot... Looked up and made an om nom nom face.

She was the first hit, and thought everyone seen her... After the first hello wave.

Last edited:
I was using my experience from plumbing. Not the first time I torched next to easy flammable items.

Now the almost lighting the basement lid alight... That was me being tipsy.

Hence, why I kept saying 'Map Gas' (MAPP Gas). It would of given no downer out of air poofs. Since it has the ability to retain combustion, without the need for external O2. I used it like Oxy-Acetylene torches for larger, harder brazing in plumbing.

I should of brought my heat setup. If I knew it would of been needed. It would of been there. Striker and all.

Last edited:
The trick to it really is to hold the torch outside the pot and aim at the walls. Works wonders on the F1EE if you don't have the extension on since it's a solid piece...alas, the extension was on, so you guys got stuck doing it the slow way.

Back