• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Frontpage Theme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
Good evening Overclockers!

We just launched a new and improved theme on the frontpage, Overclockers.com. Please bear with us as we work out the kinks. Let us know of any issues in the Forum Feedback section.

A few key features of the new theme:
  • Responsive design - No separate mobile and desktop sites with funky redirects. All screen sizes are now supported.
  • Faster load times - Modern web development best practices, no bloated code and fewer plugins that had previously slowed things down. Lazy load for photos.
  • News ticker - Allows for easy access to quick hitters about new product launches or news items without taking the attention away from our reviews.
  • Privacy policy / cookie compliance

Thanks as always for your support and stay tuned for more improvements.
:salute:

Matt

You guys will continue to see some minor changes throughout the coming days as well on the front page. Let me know of any issues that crop up and I'll throw them on my to-do list!

Overall I like the improved look. Seemed like a lot more advertisements than before, even when logged in, but I didn't notice that this morning so hopefully that's getting sorted out too.

I like it.

In a lot of cases there will be more ads, but we also have much better placement options now so they shouldn't intrude. Ads are one of the things that I'm working on a lot currently.
Also, yesterday, I was fighting the ad sizes on mobile, I think most of those are squared away at this point but am still chasing a couple stragglers.

Alrighty, y'all! Now that we've had some time to get the misc background stuff ironed out we finally got to dig into a truly updated layout as well.
Check out the new layout to go with our new look! We think this new layout will give you guys an easier look at what content is being put out around here.

Back