• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1090t's First Run.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have to set the Target Speed and Target voltage manually in the Overdrive App?

On the Intel Mbs if you disable the Power saving features in bios Turbo is auto disabled . It is worth a shot

C1E is also a power-saving feature and needs to be disabled in BIOS.

I've not seen this directly but from what I've seen in other posts Windows needs to be changed as well so it's set to Performance or whatever it is instead of Power Saving.

If that 800 MHz reading you're getting is from CPU-Z then it's not the CPU Turbo kicking in. Reviewers have posted screen shots of CPU-Z while in Turbo mode and it shows the Turbo speed, not the idling core speeds ...

C1E is also a power-saving feature and needs to be disabled in BIOS.

I've not seen this directly but from what I've seen in other posts Windows needs to be changed as well so it's set to Performance or whatever it is instead of Power Saving.

If that 800 MHz reading you're getting is from CPU-Z then it's not the CPU Turbo kicking in. Reviewers have posted screen shots of CPU-Z while in Turbo mode and it shows the Turbo speed, not the idling core speeds ...

Yea Quietice is right about this. Although I still cannot find the damn C1E option or turbo. Guess I just have to wait for a bios update.

Thats some high voltage there. You leave it and forget it or is that Prime stable?

I am going nuts trying to figure just how many more things i need to disable to keep this thing from bouncing all over the place. I always have a few cores throttling down to 800mhz. I disabled all the likely suspects but seem to have missed one or maybe 2. i have to go bck again i guess. thermal control just went off, the obvious ones from earlier with the 720/965s cool, quiet and those 3 . i must have left the turbo. i clocked to 18.5 first shot but it never stays still yet. i kept going back and knock off a new one. the only thing is that i took the 965be out of my haf 922 which was in the 80s F idle,this guy is at 64F with the ambient air of 62-64F. i got the xig 1284ee and a different fan as goop in there but i never expected room temps. the 965be cd2 was still about 15 -18F over ambient at idle this is amazingly low all in the same spot same box same everything and the thermal compund has not even cured or burnt in as it is only a few hours old. the 965 had gone through 2-3 weeks of plenty of hot cold cure time and had come down. but on a small air and fan to get at or lower than room temps without a tec is not right.it is 63 outside and 63-64 in the cpu sensors, they are not right, cant be,... i guess i appreciate the technology but i think i like the more raw c2 965be 140w and playing with it to make it clock as high as i can and keep the temps from frying it. i am not sure of this thing yet. i raced to get it and now think i would rather have waited for a not turbo version all max in all 6cores and forget about bouncing get liquid nitrogen liquid to cool it but i havent yet turned all the thermal and power mgnt off .

I am going nuts trying to figure just how many more things i need to disable to keep this thing from bouncing all over the place. I always have a few cores throttling down to 800mhz. I disabled all the likely suspects but seem to have missed one or maybe 2. i have to go bck again i guess. thermal control just went off, the obvious ones from earlier with the 720/965s cool, quiet and those 3 . i must have left the turbo. i clocked to 18.5 first shot but it never stays still yet. i kept going back and knock off a new one. the only thing is that i took the 965be out of my haf 922 which was in the 80s F idle,this guy is at 64F with the ambient air of 62-64F. i got the xig 1284ee and a different fan as goop in there but i never expected room temps. the 965be cd2 was still about 15 -18F over ambient at idle this is amazingly low all in the same spot same box same everything and the thermal compund has not even cured or burnt in as it is only a few hours old. the 965 had gone through 2-3 weeks of plenty of hot cold cure time and had come down. but on a small air and fan to get at or lower than room temps without a tec is not right.it is 63 outside and 63-64 in the cpu sensors, they are not right, cant be,... i guess i appreciate the technology but i think i like the more raw c2 965be 140w and playing with it to make it clock as high as i can and keep the temps from frying it. i am not sure of this thing yet. i raced to get it and now think i would rather have waited for a not turbo version all max in all 6cores and forget about bouncing get liquid nitrogen liquid to cool it but i havent yet turned all the thermal and power mgnt off .

You can try to turn off the Turbo with AOD. I was also amazed at how low the temps are on the 1090t. However, I think this is going to be normal for this chip, many of the review that I have read, are ocing this chip to 4.1 on air with out much problem. This has to be due to the low temps of this chip. Also, once the mother board companies give new bios updates it will smooth things out. If you do a stress test, like prime95 all of the cores run at the same speed it’s only at idle that they seem to bounce around. When I had my 965be c3 I was not able to get no where near 4.4, this chip seems to have much more head room than the 965be, so give it some time and you will end up loving her.

Check for BIOS update. MSI 890GXM's bios had a bug with 1.2 where CnQ was running even if you disabled it, causing some cores to throttle down to 4x multiplier. 1.6 was released yesterday that fixed CnQ issue and added Turbo option.

If you see Turbo option, see if turning it off works.

From what I can find from ASUS's forums the problem seems to be with the TurboV on the 790FX chipset MB's, it needs to be disabled and there are no settings for it in the current bios's.
Look for bios upgrades within the next 2 or 3 days.

Back